Eastman May Have A Winner Here....AR371

Elias Graves

• Members

Not your father's Chinese guitar! This is Eastman's first run with plywood bodied guitars. It's an ES175 copy. Nitro lacquer finish (that rivals any Gibson I've seen), binding everywhere and excellent fit & finish.

$680 WITH CASE! GAS.....

IMG-20111222-00671.jpg

IMG-20111222-00674.jpg

Even the back is burst. The neck and back actually match well, it's the lighting and camera.

IMG-20111222-00675.jpg

IMG-20111222-00673.jpg

It plays well and sounds great. Miles above an Epi or Ibanez.

EG

• Members

This would definitely fill a hole in my collection, although I have novice jazz/swing chops, where I suspect this guitar excels.

It'll make great mellow tones for sure, but this isn't a spruce top guitar. It's maple plywood. Pick up by the bridge with the tone on 10 and it's a rockabilly machine.

EG

• Members

Yeah, the same place that had the used Peerless I mentioned in the other thread also had a used Eastman. Forget what the model was, but it was a bit higher end... solid top, two pickups. Think it was about $2500 new and they had it market at $1500. VERY impressive and possibly the loudest and most acoustic-like hollow body I've ever played.

If this guitar is half as good as that guitar was, it's easily worth $700. :thu:

• 1 year later...

Archived