need help identify this aria pro II

teddybear

• Members

I can guess that given the serial number it might be a 1990s Korean made model. But we really need pictures, or a thorough description of its shape, hardware etc.

look's like you was right.

cause it's look like usually lp.

with tune-o-matic.

but i still didn't know it's setneck or neckthrough.

cause my friends guitar, i will take the pics.

thx

• 5 years later...
  • Members

Hello,

Cannot seem to post a new topic so I hope some are still monitoring this old post.  I recently acquired a beautiful Aria Pro II FA-70, looks to be a spot on copy of a Gibson L5?  Sunburst, dual humbuckers, solid back and top, nice set neck (3-piece, no scarf joint) There is no country of manufactuing on the guitar, PO indicated it was a late 1980s, early 90's date.  Serial number is S020512265.  I have been to the commonly referenced serial dating page for Arias with no firm answer.  My best guess is that it is a Samick/Korea produced model.  Sounds and looks amazing, has a perfect hardshell case.  I wanna price it so I don't ask too much for it but in my mind it rivals  $1000+ hollowbodies I have played/heard.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

The serial number suggests built in the Samick plant, Korea in 1994 or possibly 2004. My understanding is that the serial numbers for Korean Aria Pro 2's follows the same rules as for the Epiphones. My view is that the Korean Aria Pro guitars are sleepers just as the MIJ ones were in the past. I used to have a Fullerton MIA strat which was pretty poor and I sold on, but the Korean PE models are excellent guitars.

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 5/13/2021 at 5:03 PM, Pulgas said:

Hello can someone help me with this guitar Aria pro II XR series here is the serial number and pics, hope can someone help me to know where was made.

https://ibb.co/9q5jTZW

https://ibb.co/HTyzxTX

https://ibb.co/SnV38vr

What are you asking? It's an Aria Pro ii XR, made in 87 in Japan by Matsumoku. It's blue with 2 singles and a humbucker. Should have a push/pull to turn the humbucker into a single coil.

• 10 months later...
  • Members
17 hours ago, Michael Anthony Cameron said:

Serial number check Aria Pro 2 5062566 made in Japan having  bother getting  it My goodness I've two Gibson guitars none of this nonsense I ever  had with  Gibson getting  year and details from Serial  checker it's not MI5

Pictures would be a big help. The serial number checker is full of mistakes. (Tells me my Chinese made Ibanez were made in Korea.) 

Aria has changed their serial number system at least 4 times that I am aware of. Starting with a 5, could be made in 72, 77, 85, 87. Pictures would be a big help, since we can cross check the model with the years the model was available. (I'm somewhat the el facto expert on Aria's round these parts.)

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 4/6/2022 at 7:04 PM, Michael Anthony Cameron said:

Serial number check Aria Pro 2 5062566 made in Japan having  bother getting  it My goodness I've two Gibson guitars none of this nonsense I ever  had with  Gibson getting  year and details from Serial  checker it's not MI5

you must not own any Gibsons from the early Norlin era. They can't even nail down a year on some between 70 and 72...

• Moderators
21 hours ago, badpenguin said:

Pictures would be a big help. The serial number checker is full of mistakes. (Tells me my Chinese made Ibanez were made in Korea.) 

Aria has changed their serial number system at least 4 times that I am aware of. Starting with a 5, could be made in 72, 77, 85, 87. Pictures would be a big help, since we can cross check the model with the years the model was available. (I'm somewhat the el facto expert on Aria's round these parts.)

Why, yes, yes you are! de facto as well....:thu:

• Haha 1