What is your biggest guitar mistake?

Northstar

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Buttcrust wrote:

That is why the internet is so great, free lessons..
:smiley-bounce005:

There is no overstating the absolute enormity of this for kids today; the fact you can log online 24/7 and learn basically whatever you want for free, get free music and tab, get full and in depth lessons on theory, etc. A kid today is limited only by his desire to learn whereas before the internet, you were limited by the capacities of your instructor.

The downside is that a lot of kids who would've picked up a guitar in 1993 are now playing 'guitar video games' or engaging other dumb ****. There will always be guitar players but there's no doubt in my mind that history will wind up losing a few 'potential' musical geniuses who instead master 'Guitar Hero' or play 29 hours a day of Warcraft.

• Members

Doctor Morbius wrote:

Buying way too many guitars and amps. Should have bought one nice Strat and amp and left it at that.

Settling for just a strat is your mistake. I liek strats BUT...think of al the modern day great guitar tone.

Jef Beck? Fantasitic player. Still revelent and revolutionary. But pure sweet fat guitar tone? Hmm not really. Malmsteen?

Or Joe Bonamassa? Warren Haynes? Gary Moore? (he even switched).

What guitar does more? Jazz...blues. Metal. Rock.

realize you have to go with whatfeels good on your fingers....personal preference. But sounds like you've never even given LP a fair shot. {shrug}

• Members

diagrammatiks wrote:

1)epi lp special - fail

2)epi dot - was so excited when I got it but just not right.

3)not realizing that guitars needed to be setup properly - total faildown.

getting a hollowbody spruce instead of a 513...regret in the making? time will tell.

3) is the reason for 1 and 2. Throw in some user error and voila. :)

Archived