Thorn Guitars are bitchin'

Visconti

• Members

Ron Thorn G/T in orange. Curly Maple, Korina. Birdseye Maple and Cocobolo.

T1.jpg

T2.jpg

T3.jpg

T4.jpg

True Candy Apple Red (gold base coat) Le Mans stripes over Raven Black with a little Red-line side wall action.

Of course, the Go-Baby-Go functional Blow-switch.

I can't stop staring at it!

T5.jpg

T6.jpg

T7.jpg

T8.jpg

T9.jpg

Thorn California Special C/S.

CS1.jpg

CS1.jpg

Tri-power set of the Fairlane, Fairlane 500 and Galaxie.

TT1.jpg

TT2.jpg

TT3.jpg

TT4.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

kayd\_mon wrote:

Anyone else see that 12th fret inlay and think of those Ibanez tribal models?

I don't know if you know this, but one of Ron Thorn's specialties is inlay work. In fact, Ron does all of the intricate inlay for Fender, Gretsch, Schector, ESP and Ibanez for California made guitars.

Thorn Inlay.jpg

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

@knotty

Don't forget the monitors that reverse the compression on youtube videos!

I forgot about them.  Might ask santa for magic monitors.

Notice how he is always going to order something but does not seem to have anything?

He got some crackers on the signing forum as well. I will dig out some quotes when I get time.

These guitars are certainly beautiful and they sound great but like inexpensive guitars , you rarely see them played anywhere. You can turn on Palladia and watch concert after concert and for the most part all you're gonna see are Gibsons and Fenders. Not that they are necessarily inexpensive.

• Members

Frets99 wrote:

These guitars are certainly beautiful and they sound great but like inexpensive guitars , you rarely see them played anywhere. You can turn on Palladia and watch concert after concert and for the most part all you're gonna see are Gibsons and Fenders. Not that they are necessarily inexpensive.

I watched the American Country Awards last night and I saw a few nice guitars. A couple PRS Private Stocks, a few $12,000 McPherson Acoustic Guitars, I saw a Suhr. A few really nice Les Pauls and of course Brad Paisley played his Crook Tele. Lotsd of Morgan amps too and a Trainwreck and Dr. Z amps. I did not see a Thorn, but the many of the guys that own them play them live.

mp.jpg

Archived