What were your main guitars throughout the years? What is it now?

Mr.scary96

• Members

Mr.scary96 wrote:

6down1togo what was your ST-50 like?

Really nice solid guitar. It was sunburst with Ibanez V2 (V2Jr? can't remember). The neck was really wide and beefy. I wasn't so keen on fretborad radius configurations, but I remeber it was really wide and flat. It had the Gibraltar bridge and the quick change stop tailpiece (slotted). I changed the bridge pickup out to a Dimarzio Super Distortion and played it through a Kustom K150 bass head and a bandmaster bottom. It was really a nice guitar.

• Members

I've let a few nice ones get away over the years, but still have these:

My Carvin DC100, bought new in 1983 for a little over $300. Kept her so long I can't sell it now if only for sentimental reasons.

My Martin D28 I bought new in 1985. They can bury me with that one.

My main #1 player nowadays is a parts-o-tele I bolted together a couple of yrs ago.

• Members

First guitar was a LP copy with a bolt on neck that was so unstable it couldn't be played in tune.  I could use the neck as a whammy bar.  As I learned to play, I learned to hate that guitar.

Next I got a Gibson SG Deluxe and i actually learned to play on that axe.

When I started touring I got and Ibanez Artist that was a knock of an Alembic.  Killer 24-fret neck-thru with some sweet swichable pups. I would keep the SG onstage for backup and after shows sometimes guitar players would ask me why I didn't play the Gibson.  I told them the Ibanez was a better guitar.  This was back in the late 70's early 80's period and Ibanez wasn't really well known yet so it would be a shock.  I played various Ibanez for the next ten years or so but was also through touring and just playing part time and for fun now.

Then got married, got serious about my career.  Started collecting guitars for fun and recording as a hobby.  I've got a couple dozen or so guitars and basses now ranging from a few pretty nice ones to some pretty cheap heavily moddified ones as well.  Shredders, jazzboxes, acoustics, semihollows, LP's, etc...

Archived