GAS'ers and Gearheads...

jelloman

• Replies 68.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

wave.gif

How's everyone been?

Mojo to all who's mojo I've missed. The studio looks good Krash.

I've been busy as hell. Today I went and bought my Christmas gift. My wife knew about all I wanted was music stuff so she told me to go buy my own present. I went down to GC and put together a mini PA for home use.

I got an Alesis MultiMix 8 USB mixer and two little Kustom PA50 powered speakers. The mixer is really decent. The only draw back is you can only record two channels through the USB but it works really well. The little Kustom speakers are the real surprise. They are tiny. With 2 4in drivers and a horn in each putting out 50w they really crank and sound quite good. For $99 a piece they can't be beat. They should be able to hold up for small jams with a drummer and guitar amps. I also looked at some Kustom 10in floor monitors. I'm so impressed with the speakers I got I may pick up a pair in the near future.

The mixer

776FB230-7E39-4379-AD5A-C6C94A43131E-227

And two of these.

BA7EFD07-8DE8-475E-90CA-49E80B49FF36-227

And here is my rather cramped work area. Notice the use of TV trays since I don't have enough room for a decent work area. I'm trying to figure out where I can relocate my gear so I have more space.

BAB53DEB-D60E-474A-BBFE-C48C213FB465-227

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PunkKitty

View Post

Nice setup, Saturn.

Thank you...... I'll be adding another synth next month when I have a little more cash. Then fill the empty guitar hanger if I find anything that peaks my interest. The set up may be messy but it works.

• Members

ruined an xbox harddrive tonight, hadn't really played it in a few years but bought a hard drive a while ago when i got rocksmith as my old harddrive was full.

Hooked it up with the transfer cable and it reformatted and deleted everything. Oh well, i didn't play it but maybe once a year anyway.

On to gear news, i sold a few things so i've got $350 burning a hole in my pocket. Not sure if i wanna grab one of those clearanced vox guitars or a used egnater tweaker, hmmm...

I've wanted to try one of those Tweakers for a while, but the vintage cream or trans red vox is calling my name too.

The schecter in the great deals thread with EMG's looks tempting too, not crazy about the color but i don't have anything with actives. Not sure if actives are worth it or not though.

• Members

Morning

IB. If the VOX is the solid body I'm thinking of, the tend to be neck heavy. No other real down side.

In Sheltie news: Molly seems to be coughing quite a bit less. Maybe those antibiotics are doing something.

Thread slowness: so here are my thoughts on this. A couple years ago maybe half the posts were by Zemmy (rip) , EG, and Jello. Zemmy has passed on, and the other two I expect do not have the time they used to. Facebook might be an impact too. I don't do Facebook, and will probably stick around even if there are less posters around, and activity is slower.

• Members

As usual, I'm doing last minute shopping. Used free two day shipping on Amazon, and it looked like it was going to get here on the second day until I saw this:

Latest Event: Mahwah NJ

Available for pickup

Here is the complete tracking:

December 22, 2012 04:46:00 PM Mahwah NJ US Available for pickup

December 22, 2012 10:12:00 AM Mahwah NJ US Out for delivery

December 22, 2012 10:04:00 AM Mahwah NJ US Arrival Scan

December 22, 2012 08:23:00 AM Newburgh NY US Arrival Scan

December 22, 2012 07:18:00 AM Memphis TN US Arrival Scan

December 22, 2012 05:10:00 AM Memphis TN US Departure Scan

December 22, 2012 01:30:00 AM Memphis TN US Arrival Scan

December 21, 2012 07:44:00 AM Phoenix AZ US Departure Scan

December 21, 2012 06:00:00 AM Phoenix AZ US Shipment received by carrier

December 21, 2012 10:39:40 AM --- Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

My brother paid for one day shipping and got the same thing. Is there actually a Fedex pickup point, or are they marking it for another truck to pick up? confused.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LOLRECONLOL

View Post

As usual, I'm doing last minute shopping. Used free two day shipping on Amazon, and it looked like it was going to get here on the second day until I saw this:

Here is the complete tracking:

My brother paid for one day shipping and got the same thing. Is there actually a Fedex pickup point, or are they marking it for another truck to pick up? confused.gif

there should have been a notice left on your door indicating pick up was available and the distribution center to go to.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by vintage clubber

View Post

there should have been a notice left on your door indicating pick up was available and the distribution center to go to.

Nope, nothing. My brother was following his tracking too, and it went 'available for pickup' at the same time.

• Members

I need to take Mom shopping for some last minute groceries, etc. I'll be running around today.

I'm thinking I might sell the Cort I just got. I bought a home built guitar with a Carvin neck from the pawn shop a few months ago. With A2 pickups it suits my SG type needs nicely. I can't return the Cort. It came with a broken pot that I fixed. I scratched it a bit in the process. So I'm willing to sell it for what I have into it. Let me know if any of you are interested. It really is a nice guitar. But I don't need it.

• Members

Mornin' (barely). wave.gif

French toast and turkey sausage for breakfast. Gonna try and get back on the wagon tomorrow, though (yeah, right rolleyes.gif).

So, I decided that my last unnecessary guitar purchase would be this:

20121223_110638-1.jpg

20121223_110554.jpg

WMS had these for $799 on blowout, so I got a PM for $708 - cheapest I'd seen a new MIA Strat in awhile.

Plays and sounds fantastic love.gif

So, I already put my three non-MIA guitars on the market to help offset the cost, which will leave me with this, the PRS and the Gibby - a MIA trifecta thumb.gif

Archived