Check out what Schecter has in store for 2014 :)

yooser Nayme

• Members

schecter is really hitting it big this coming 2014 with the new banshee series coming out. and alot of the classics coming back from the dead. check out some of the sexiness coming this namm. 

1454809\_772424139441066\_1558623928\_n - Copy.jpg

and an all new avenger 7 string. 

1475849\_771859242830889\_2000755046\_n.jpg

and the 6 string version :)

994649\_771815812835232\_127723646\_n.jpg

some of the awesome c-1 classics coming back into production hopefully. here are some prototypes. 

fetch?id=31023704&d=1394133179

Schecter DIAMOND SERIES PROTOTYPE C-1 Classic Antique Amber 2014 6-String Electric Guitar.jpg

schecter-c-1-classic-sunburst-375749.jpg

There is alot more to come as well!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yooser Nayme wrote:

421747\_370834259610623\_1928676136\_n.jpg

So when they designed this one (the closest one to being kind of not ugly) did they say, lets make a tele but not too Fendery so no single coils and no chrome.  Other guy says so like a PT, first guy says no with a pickguard, other guy says what about that metal part where all the knobs and do dads go, first guy says nah too pricey to add those we will just put the pickup switch close enough that it will look kinda ok so we can just use cheap single ply white pickguards on an ugly top.

• Members

yooser Nayme Contributor

1:05 PM

Danhedonia wrote:

Schecter. The guitar company that picked its nose and ate it in high school.

too much schecter hate here IMO, although its to be expected on a forum where the main users are fender and gibson lovers. or just classic guitar players. schecter does not cater to you and that is why you dislike them so much i am guessing. schecter guitars are more innovative than most are used to. they took alot of the ibanez models and simply improved on them where ibanez never did. they will most definitely be the top guitar company in 2014.

Add Comment

Kudo 0

Well, yeah, people here tend to like more classic designs. I'm sure other forums are different.

Once people make up their minds what they like, you don't change their minds very easily.

• Members

I liked most of 'em. One of the first electrics I was gonna buy until I realized I had no money, was a Schecter Diamond. It sounded great, felt great and looked great. Not a fan of the Nu Metal styles but the more classic styles I could get into.

Of course I might be a guitar neanderthal to some so my opinion my be suspect.

• Members

Elias Graves wrote:

too much schecter hate here IMO, although its to be expected on a forum where the main users are fender and gibson lovers. or just classic guitar players. schecter does not cater to you and that is why you dislike them so much i am guessing. schecter guitars are more innovative than most are used to. they took alot of the ibanez models and simply improved on them where ibanez never did. they will most definitely be the top guitar company in 2014.

So wait a minute it is 2013 going on 2014 and there are still neanderthals that haven't even gotten to the superstrat age yet?  The 80s were 30+ years ago now and they haven't even gotten to THAT point of enlightenment yet?  Are they still living like it is 1969 at Woodstock?  Have pity on them.  Hell even Joe Perry from Aerosmith evolved somewhat when he was using BC Rich Mockingbirds and the same for Slash and that was in the 90s, so even if they who seem to most as traditionalist, can think outside the box, so can the Schecter haters, no?

• Members

I may be missing a few models here and there from their '13 catalog, but here are there better-looking models, aside from the aforementioned TSH-1 ...

Corsair:

Corsair.jpg

Dan Donegan:

Dan Donegan.jpg

Shaun Morgan:

Shaun Morgan.jpg

Tempest Custom:

Tempest Custom.jpg

Tempest Special:

Tempest Special.jpg

TSH-1 Classic and TSH-1 Classic-12

TSH-1 Classic.jpg

TSH-12 Classic.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm not a huge superstrat fan, but I really like the lines on the schecters much better than ibanez ones.  I actually think their LP copies look better than LP studios or basically any of the epiphone LPs.  OTOH, their tele version looks just off.  I wish their guitar finishes weren't quite so flashy, though.

Archived