So you're a newb.....

aqualung211

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

{censored}!

I guess I am a newbie on here...Anyway, I live in Vancouver (Not B.C.) Washington, I've been playing drums for about 13 years and for the most part I am self taught.

I have a Blue Mist colored Pearl Export Select kit for most of my playing (with Ornamental www.myspace.com/ornamentalmusic ) along with a {censored}ty (that's why I like it) Rogers R-360 kit that I use for kicks.

I love Remo heads and I like to strike them with Vic Firth 3As

To finish I have some Paiste Signature and 2002 cymbals.

All Pearl hardware, including my PowerShifter Eliminator single pedal.

• Members

I am THE DUDE. And the Dude abides, so...(Inhaling...).... I play a 5 piece pearl export in green finish. I have a phenomenal set of K custom dark cymbals...(i.e. hats, ride, crash) I also have a paiste sound formula power crash, and a beat up z custom china. As well as the little 10 dollar guitar center wuhan china you get with 18 pairs of sticks or whatever. I have some lower end pearl double pedal....(which reminds me I'm in the market for a new double pedal, any info on what your favorites are would be great)...but I am most excited about my brand new pork pie snare, it's a 7x13 and I haven't even been able to lay into it yet. And I just got a 11" K custom hybrid splash. I live in the great northwest...(woopty {censored}ing do)...and I've been playing for about 10 years....(holy {censored}! a decade, and thats a long time for me). I love the drums, I just do. Theres peace behind the kit. nobody telling you what to do, just you and the drum eye to eye, mono y mono, man to uh...wood I guess... sorry got a little carried away there, anyways you all smell what I'm cooking so I'll shut the hell up now...peace out guys, looking forward to learning from you all. by the way don't judge me but I'm a danny Carrey faithful...TOOL {censored}IN TOOL

• Members

IM new here,

My name's dave, until recenly I was involed inm a bunch of musical acts in Labrador City, NL, Canada. My main band was called Divergence and a side project I was in was titled "Elevator Music" alogn with many others. Im on my way back to my home town of Corner Brook where I hope to start something up. Drums and misc percussion are my forte but I can play guitar ok and bass ok.

Kit Set up:

14" B8 sabian hats (upside down)

20" B8 sabian Ride

18" B8 sabian crash/ride

18" vintage zildjian crash

MP tambourine (use it alot in originals)

16" CB crash (upside down, sounds like a china-crash hibrid)

10x12 CB rack tom

16x16 CB floor tom

4x14 kaman snare

5.5x14 steel pearl snare

16x22 CB kick drum

16x32 ludwig marching drum (used as a alternative kick)

• Members

I'm in the market for a new double pedal, any info on what your favorites are would be great)

Glad to have you aboard in the forum. I've been drumming for a lot of years but just took up double kick...I tested quite a few before I bought mine. I did not want the higher doller pedal but still I wanted true quality, quickness and solidity. I'm using a Yamaha 9310L Flying Dragon (I'm a lefty). It's wonderful to feel such accuracy. That's the one for me...welcome aboard and don't be a stranger...

• Members
what part of the {censored} Northwest are you from? I feel sorry that you have to live here too. actually I live about 15 min. from "vantucky" a little town called la Center. And truth be told, I actually kinda like it here...shhh don't tell anyone, that'll be our little secret.

• 11 months later...
  • Members

My name is Mike Veny. I am from New York. I play a custom Drummers World Nesting Kit in Gold Glitter.

The highlight of the past two years in drumming for me is that I have been practicing more than ever before and playing more gigs than ever before.

Also, I use NO MUFFLING in my bass drum.:wave:

• Members

My name is Mike Veny. I am from New York. I play a custom Drummers World Nesting Kit in Gold Glitter.

The highlight of the past two years in drumming for me is that I have been practicing more than ever before and playing more gigs than ever before.

Also, I use NO MUFFLING in my bass drum.
:wave:

Someone who knows how to use the search function.....wwwoohhooo!!!!!:thu:

I guess I'm a noob too as this is my first post in this thread.

• Members

hey my name is Lucas I live in the 612 (Minneapolis) and have been playing for about three years and have been getting lessons for about one, my kit is a pearl vision,and a 13" ddrum s4 snare in fusion sizes and satra blue finish my cymbals are:

13" sabian xs20 hi-hats

18" paiste rude thin crash

18" really dirty zild armir 2 crash ride (used as ride)

18" wuhan china with rivets

16" zild A custom projection crash

my hardware is a eliminator double pedal and hi-hat stand I use various brands for stands so yeah thats my set up. play pretty much everything but I'm best at rock/metal, My band is the verdict http://www.myspace.com/veredictum umm I like to do heal toe yeah thats about it

• Members

I'm new here. Been playing for about 2 years now.

Ludwig Accent 5 piece with Pinstripes

ZBTs and a B8 crash

I've got a long way to go....
:o

i have the accents too with the zbts! great way to start out man.

right now i have the 16" floor tom on its side as a kick, and im using a 10" mapex tom and the 13" ludwig tom.

i upgraded the snare tho

Archived