OT: LYN-SKYNARD DRUMMER IN JAIL

twosticks

• Members

Just heard tonight that Lynard Skynard's original drummer Pyle is in jail for failure to file as a sexual offender and giving Florida and North Carolina false info on his residences?? I didn't know about this before.

Stems from charges that he had sex with an underaged (teenager) girl sometime in the past. Oooo that smell, I guess he wishes someone would give him three steps towards the door........:cool:

• Members

I guess being in corrections might give you a professional concern over it. Remember the Rock Star /groupie era? Pft... it's ironic how much flex there is on the stigma. I can think of one cat who did time over a little - and I mean little girl. Now they're trying to sell his star again. Go figure.

• Members

I always figured guys who went after jail bait were pretty insecure in their manhood. Having to have girls who'd never had anything before??

Back in the day that kind of girl was called "Jail Bait":cop:

I like 'em AFTER they've had some experience; not only do they know what they're doing by then, but I'm also confident I compare well to what they may have had before me :D:D

• Members

Cool video.
:thu:
Drummers got a splash. You never saw many of those back in the day.

Got a splash? You're good Mark :lol: All I could notice is that the drummer was in front of everyone else! Don't think I've ever seen that configuration before :confused::lol:

As a side note: ... loved the lead harmony the two guitarists were doing :thu: Didn't really see lead guitars that were played in harmony with each other, back in those days (early 70's) :cool:

• Members

That sucks for Artimus. I wasn't aware he was a deviant.

btw, Ricky Medlocke (Blackfoot) was Lynyrd Skynyrd's original drummer. Artimus Pyle came along later.

That's what I was thinking, I never knew he was a deviant either. Here is a link to the story. click on it and then on the underlined here in the middle of the page......

http://www.gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/21/here-is-one-thanksgiving-dinner-that-might-be-awkward/

• Members

Bob Burns was Skynyrd's original drummer, not Medlocke.

Burns had to leave the band briefly and Medlocke filled in on drums. Medlocke is heard on the demo they did in 1970 from the CD "First and Last". Ronnie Van Zant let Medlocke go because the band wasn't big enough for both of them (they were both strong minded men), and Burns eventually came back.

• Members

Bob Burns was Skynyrd's original drummer, not Medlocke.

Burns had to leave the band briefly and Medlocke filled in on drums. Medlocke is heard on the demo they did in 1970 from the CD "First and Last". Ronnie Van Zant let Medlocke go because the band wasn't big enough for both of them (they were both strong minded men), and Burns eventually came back.

DOH! you are correct. Thanks for clarifying.

Archived