Interesting side effects of the Forum 4 me

Drumstix61

• Members

I've noticed...

It's like my spirit drumwise has renewed.:)

Now when I rehearse,I am much more focused and think further ahead.

I am now extremely fanatical about tuning,and how my drums sound.

Instead of tuning once a week,I now tune after every song.

I practice more.

I try different techniques and approaches.Also how I phrase my parts.

I examine my part in relationship to the music much closer,and think of ways to improve or better it.

I am much more comfortable in what and how I play.

I'm now very into the science and physics of drums and drumming.

I'm now more receptive of drumming ideals pertaining to each of us.

Instead of hitting this or that in convenience,I consider the sound ahead of time and choose which one "fits",based on tonal qualities.

I am of course :blah:,

but wanted to give you all my quick thanx!:love:

and of course...

I never listen when sombody tries to tell me this is the bestest.

or,

I :love: you.

There;I said it.

How has the HC Drum Forum helped you?

ps.......

thanx 4 the ducktape Car!

• Members

I get it. Like quite a few others here, I found this and other drum forums just as I was returning to drumming after over a decade away from it.

My experience before that long break was fairly extensive, but I realize now how out of touch I was with the "drumming community" at large, (in comparison to now). It's made a huge difference in the way I approach playing, gear, and music in general.

• Members

I tried a few other forums before this one, and a couple more while I've been here and this one has been the most useful. It also has more helpful and friendly members, just as it seems the drum forum here is a twilight zone on HC since some of the forums on this site seem to contain some jerks.

I've definitely change my opinion about drummers being the odd ones out in a band, as I had previous thought.

• Members

Great information like duct tape and bar napkins. :poke:

You guys get hooked on a concept and don't let it go. Get over the duct tape and bar napkins...don't you know that moongel and dampening rings work so much better!!! (wait...who said that? I've been possessed by the devil:deadhorse::deadhorse: back get back! Back into my subconscious id)

As I was saying, let me give you a few more benefits to the DTBN primitive muffling concepts... Did you know.......:blah::blah::blah:

• Members

I've started to tune more often too, like once a week now depending on how much I play. I'm more into keeping my drums in good shape and checking things with it, before I'd just sit down and start playing. My drum area is way more organized and kept clean. And my drums have never sounded better. Definitely all thanks to the knowledge I have acquired here.

• Members

I on the other hand have completly lost faith in my fellow man due to this website and it's users....:poke:

Just kiddin , love this place , and the impact it's had on my teaching and my playing

• Members

Tubs mentioned Acrolytes. I can remember when the vets used to warn us that the Supras weren't brass anymore and steel was a ripoff yada yada and so when Acrolytes came out it was puke time. That's now kind of a rare glimpse at - well something I still haven't quite figured.

• Members

I started out here pretty new. The wealth of knowledge I pick up here is invaluable to me. I have passed on a lot to my fellow drummers here too. You are all indirectly helping many more people than you may realize. I havent ever got to help mic a kit; but I think I have learned enough that I want to play around with it some. I am definately more adventurous with my drumming because of this forum. Also because of Angelo my list of large multi syllable obscure words that I will never be able to remember is much larger.:thu:

Archived