OT: Motorcycles, need help from bikers

twosticks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Twostix...I ride all year long , and it is difficult at times. May I suggest you take a look at Cabelas "Motorsports Clothing". It's a jacket and pants bib. I passed on the bib but did get the jacket. Had it 8 years now...Gortex and well lined. I have riden with this jacket in 30

• Members

Carmine, THANKS for the links. I really like those jackets! Best thing is they don't look dorky or have some dumb design or logos on them. May be a CHristmas present?

During the day has been great around here, almost kinda warm. but at night has been cooler. Last time I rode home on a cool night, I was stuffed up and achy the next day like I getting sick but then went away. I love cruising around. You would love it down here for riding. Is just this time of year is like a twenty degree difference between day and night. 77 highs and 57 lows. I really need to get saddlebags to store a jacket and stuff in so that when it gets cooler, I can just pull it out!

• Members

I don't ride anymore but I plan to later once the kids are grown. You can ride all year long here in Phoenix, but the drivers here are insane.

Here's a pic of my sister's BF on my brother's Harley. It was a DC Capitol Police bike in it's former life...

• Members
I really need to get saddlebags to store a jacket and stuff in so that when it gets cooler, I can just pull it out!

I use saddlebags and a TBag road bag. People laugh at me all the time and say, "What are you going cross country?" I tell them "go ahead and laugh. If you get wet in the rain...I won't...too cold for? I'm fine!" You know what Delmarva's like with the weather changes. I carry rain gear, couple of pairs of different gloves, cold gear, a full packed tool and safety bag including toilet paper (a lifesaver!)...a whole bunch of stuff. I try to be prepared for anything that comes down the pike. I have a 125 mile round trip commute every day...

I wish I could come down there and ride with ya. Maybe I'll stop by and see ya one day. Lat big trip I went on was with 5 other guys to Key West...2700 miles in 8 days...great trip!

Now you stay safe out there. Cell phoners don't pay attention to anyone. And tell all those groups you been with to ride safe and keep the rubber side down and the chrome up!:thu:

• Members
I use saddlebags and a TBag road bag. People laugh at me all the time and say, "What are you going cross country?" I tell them "go ahead and laugh. If you get wet in the rain...I won't...too cold for? I'm fine!" You know what Delmarva's like with the weather changes. I carry rain gear, couple of pairs of different gloves, cold gear, a full packed tool and safety bag including toilet paper (a lifesaver!)...a whole bunch of stuff. I try to be prepared for anything that comes down the pike. I have a 125 mile round trip commute every day...

I wish I could come down there and ride with ya. Maybe I'll stop by and see ya one day. Lat big trip I went on was with 5 other guys to Key West...2700 miles in 8 days...great trip!

Now you stay safe out there. Cell phoners don't pay attention to anyone. And tell all those groups you been with to ride safe and keep the rubber side down and the chrome up!
:thu:

10-4! I have been bungee tying my lunch box and rolled up jacket on my pass. seat and is easy to get that "Easy Rider" look. Well, just give me a heads up before you come down. Biggest thing will be telling the wife how I know ya! Is tons of "runs" down here. Is also Biketober fest in Daytona (haven't heard much about it this year)

Monday is supposed to have a cold front come through with hi's about 70 and lows in the upper 30's, Tues is only gonna get into the upper 60s and into the mid 30's for lows and is to warm up slightly by the weekend. But it always seems there is a Thanksgiving or Christmas where I'm outside with shorts on after a break from the cold weather. Jan-March get colder here though. Be safe yourself man! Take care!

• Members

way back, wellhungarian had it right: a ural is perfect for the biker drummer.

web.jpg

(that's a tempus 16" bass incidentally. the snare's in the trunk and the toms are in the tub.)

congrats on the v-star. a friend of mine got himself one at the beginning of the summer and has had great luck with it. nice choice.

• Members

Just took a look at your scoot Stix.... NICE! Sounds like your already enjoying the great world of biking. Along with the rest of the advise I'll just say ride like all cars are aiming for you. Keep the head on a swivel and stay alert. Watch for the obstacles in the road, lots of things to trip you up out there. Have fun and enjoy the brotherhood!

Hey frog that's a nice ride as well. 900 lbs is a lot, mine weighs in at just under 600. Nice ride just the same Bro.

• Members

Thanks, Haven't ridden in about a week because has been cold at nights (40's and 30's) This week is supposed to be only down in mid 50's. I might ride it to work Monday. Just got told as I got off work at midnight Sunday night that I'm due to come in Monday morning at 11 and do food service! Damn I hate that {censored} at the last minute! :mad: Oh well, at least I get to go home early as long as I can make it through the day! :facepalm:

I have an appointment to have the bike checked out on Thurs. at the shop because the main headlight doesn't always come on when I turn on the ignition. It comes on when I fire the bike up. I just want them to make sure there is no loose wire or something. There is a little rust on the chrome of the light bar lights and the chrome is discoloring in spots on the trim on the back fender. Oh well, I did ask for a bike that was a scratch and dent to learn on!

Again, thanks for all the feedback!

Archived