Drumstick Weights--Why? / How?

Primal Yell

• Members

They make weights for sticks?

I, personally, can't see a reason for adding weights. It's definitely better to gain speed through improving technique and repetition. To build chops, I'd suggest working on having great technique to make sure you are working the right muscles and just doing repetition of exercises, with bigger sticks if you want. I'd also probably expect weights on sticks to throw off the balance, too.

Hell, I'm not making any sense. I woke up an hour and a half ago and I already need a nap. :facepalm:

• Members

Eh...I would maybe bump up to a heavier stick if you want. Two schools of thought of course, practice with consistent equipment or practice with more resistance.

Personally, I'd prefer to do my strength building exercises separate from drums, but I don't do any aside from playing hockey. I vote no on the weighted sticks as it messes with your dynamics.

• Members

They make weights for sticks?

I, personally, can't see a reason for adding weights. It's definitely better to gain speed through improving technique and repetition. To build chops, I'd suggest working on having great technique to make sure you are working the right muscles and just doing repetition of exercises, with bigger sticks if you want. I'd also probably expect weights on sticks to throw off the balance, too.

Hell, I'm not making any sense. I woke up an hour and a half ago and I already need a nap.
:facepalm:

No, you got it right--now go to sleep

Archived