ot - Fitness, running, all that

fishingprize

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

what the hell is a kettlebells?

running is the worst. biking is fun cause it's fast and therefore dangerous. I don't do that either.

my buddy just broke his spine and skull labor day weekend when his bike broke. exercise is dangerous, kids.

if I need to lose weight I should cut back on the beer. I'm still thin, but certainly not lean.

• Members

what the hell is a kettlebells?

It's a cannon ball with a handle on it that comes in different weights. The basic movement is swinging it backwards between your legs kind of like hiking a football, then powering the kettlebell up to chest height by snapping your hips, rather than using arm strength. Powerhumping, if you will. Skimming youtube'll yield you all kinds of results for the rest of the exercises - some people use it as a gym replacement.

• Members

If you're going to increase your running make sure to do core exercises too, if you don't you'll be extremely prone to injuries. Also if you plan on warming up do an active warm-up of lunges, high skips etc. instead of static stretching because all that does is take your body from active state to inactive which makes you more prone to getting hurt.

• Members

So, you guys just got me out for a run tonight. I expected to make it about a half mile, despite the kettlebells, since I haven't been really running in a long time. Two miles in 18 minutes, though. No records broken here, but definitely a sweat.

Any advice for extreme pain in the lower back? I could have probably squeaked out another half mile if it weren't for that.

• Members

So, you guys just got me out for a run tonight. I expected to make it about a half mile, despite the kettlebells, since I haven't been really running in a long time. Two miles in 18 minutes, though. No records broken here, but definitely a sweat.

Any advice for extreme pain in the lower back? I could have probably squeaked out another half mile if it weren't for that.

See a doctor and go from there, could be anything from bad arches to a bad back. Are you leaning over as you run? Running on a hard road? old, worn out or bad fitting shoes?? First I would see a doctor and have them look at you and make sure it's not more serious. Could be like I've noticed that I get an achey back sometimes from toting this beer belly around.

Remember you just trying to stay active, not run a race, don't worry about times, just like drumming, just play or run till your done. Two miles out of the box sounds like pushing it to me. Build up slowly.

• Members

See a doctor and go from there, could be anything from bad arches to a bad back. Are you leaning over as you run? Running on a hard road? old, worn out or bad fitting shoes?? First I would see a doctor and have them look at you and make sure it's not more serious. Could be like I've noticed that I get an achey back sometimes from toting this beer belly around.

Remember you just trying to stay active, not run a race, don't worry about times, just like drumming, just play or run till your done. Two miles out of the box sounds like pushing it to me. Build up slowly. Good luck you guys and be safe.

• Members

after i got out of the hospital i got up to 245 im down to 218 at the moment.

i have 1 coke a day,its my cup of joe,try to eat smart,try mind you.

i have been hitting the weights for the last 3 months and feel like im missing something if i miss a day.

Dude any man had an excuse to do whatever the fu** he wanted, when ever he wanted to do it, it's you man, you've earned it..

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Not that I've been terribly diligent about my routine, but I hit three miles tonight, for the first time in my life. On top of 45 minutes of kettlebells, then crunches and situps. Every couple of weeks, I notice that my pants are fitting slightly better.

Oh, and I'm told the cause of my back/leg pain is Sciatica - been exercising and stretching it out on top of weekly chiropractor visits. Seems to be doing the trick.

Gotta keep it going... those holidays are coming up and I don't want to have to refuse any pie.

• Members

I dropped sodas recently and replaced them with gatorade. I drive between towns a lot for work and was real surprised when I started actually gaining more weight. turns out drinking gatorade when your not being super active is pretty fatening. Chaulk full of carbs. Just be careful what you replace those sodas with. Water seems to be the only way out. Or unsweetened tea or coffe.

• Members

turns out drinking gatorade when your not being super active is pretty fatening.

Unless you are in the middle of working out, gatorade is bad for you. Before, after, or at any time other than during a strenuous athletic event. Water's good. I actually started drinking green tea with honey at work with my water.

• Members

Unless you are in the middle of working out, gatorade is bad for you. Before, after, or at any time other than during a strenuous athletic event. Water's good. I actually started drinking green tea with honey at work with my water.

Water is the best thing to drink. Also, if you're running gatorade can be very good for replacing fluids and electrolytes, just be careful to only drink it after the run because it has too many carbs and sugars to digest during a hard run, so you'll just end up puking.

• Members

For me, anything going in would make me puke while running. I thought it was the same for everyone else... little sips if anything while exercising. Gulping maybe if you're sitting on a bench taking a breather.

Oh yeah, on shorter runs when my pace is up I can't drink, I thought you meant long, slower runs like 7 miles or more.

Archived