I need a head for my snare drum...

Bopshuwadi

• Members

but I am lost as to what to get. When I went to get my tom's replaced I kind of just said whatever is cheap and then I would be outta there. I got the normal Remo pinstripes. Are those good heads?

Anyways, I need to go replace my batter head for my snare. Could you guys tell me some good heads and some characteristics about?

I need a very punchy snare sound with lots of "pop" coming out of it.

• Members

I use Falams kevlar. They play stiffer than anything else but the lightning response is good for the touch. The only caution - assuming you understand tuning, is No Marching Tension. Most drummers will never go into that zone but apparently it is an issue for some.

• Members

i've always wanted to try one of those but never had the chance. how's it sound?

I like them mate, tried a few different heads on it over the years, but I love the New Orleans Special. Nice big crisp crack that leaves the drum open with no unruly overtones.

I don't use anything else on it now.:thu:

• Members

I like them mate, tried a few different heads on it over the years, but I love the New Orleans Special. Nice big crisp crack that leaves the drum open with no unruly overtones.

I don't use anything else on it now.
:thu:

sweet, next time i see one i'll pick one up, what do you use for a reso head?

Archived