Holy shit.

Stark

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Yeah, he's just good for his age, that's all.
:rolleyes:

Sometimes you guys amaze me. Unfortunately not often is it a good thing.

I agree. This kid is good at any age. I dont doubt he's disiplined enough to lay back and groove in song situatons but in this vid he aint out for that...its more like eat this mofos.
Just like other players,guitar,bass,etc.... they just keep upping the ante and what was a smokin player 10 years ago aint {censored} today. Hell Rich,Belson,etc..were my heroes coming up but today IMHO they're just so so.
Blasphemey to some I know but its just what I think.

• Members

man, you guys kill me. take a musician out of context and you can tear him apart, sure. but to start insulting the guys that started it all? c'mon. think of the guys that played football in the old days. they made nothing and did what they loved. they set records and set the stage for snot-nosed kids to dream. that's what belson, rich, etc did. today, we have advantages musicians didn't have back then. there isn't the musician stigma there once was. it's truly looked at, as a skill. in comparison, those heroes might not have the chops that today's guys have, but today's guys would never have thought to approach the drums in the way they do, if not for the old guys. props where props are due.

• Members

It's not a slam against the old Greats. It's all relative. If Rich was starting out his drumming career today, he would play waaaay differently than he did back then. I believe all those guys to be perfectly capable of all this show-boat stuff. They invented the genre years ago... of course it has evolved and improved since then.

The kid in the video is a better drummer than I am.

• Members

The original post:

DTD...the number is 1800-I'm Done! I've been on hold for going on 2 years now...
:rolleyes::facepalm:

I don't know what you mean about rudiments, but yes, the dexterity was amazing. I'm still trying for that kind of fluidity in my playing; I tend to be kind of choppy when I just zone out and play.

• Members

Both good vids/drummers at what ever age. The 14 year old has mastered the art of relaxation to pull off single strokes for that long. And his stamina is amazing. I'd love to have the ability to consistently do those things, but in the context of a song just as a couple quick fills. 5:00 minutes of it gives me a head ache.

But I'm not being critical.

• Members

im not out to offend anyone in here but i have yet to see any of you post a video that comes close to this youngin.that kid has amazing skill!as for technique,who cares?that {censored} sounds good!totally obserd that you guys say good for his age.there is people that have takin lessons for decades and cant do that.

carmine,the video you posted was very very good but had nothing on the kid.i might be a newby dumbass uneducated bastard but thats what people want to see

• Members

im not out to offend anyone in here but i have yet to see any of you post a video that comes close to this youngin.that kid has amazing skill!as for technique,who cares?that {censored} sounds good!totally obserd that you guys say good for his age.there is people that have takin lessons for decades and cant do that.

carmine,the video you posted was very very good but had nothing on the kid.i might be a newby dumbass uneducated bastard but thats what people want to see

People who have little ability behind a drum kit or particularly enjoy music that requires little ability tend to "rate" (for lack of a better word) players based on subjective qualities such as "timing", "feel," or "groove," with timing being the most tangible, but prone to overlap with the others due to hazy definitions. Knowing that arguing an opinion is futile, they slander any player who outperforms them as lacking the said subjective qualities.

My 2 cents.

• Members

People who have little ability behind a drum kit or particularly enjoy music that requires little ability tend to "rate" (for lack of a better word) players based on subjective qualities such as "timing", "feel," or "groove," with timing being the most tangible, but prone to overlap with the others due to hazy definitions. Knowing that arguing an opinion is futile, they slander any player who outperforms them as lacking the said subjective qualities.

My 2 cents.

i see your point my friend.

that lil dude jams the {censored} out! for anyone here to diss him is dumb.the only person ive seen in here with anywhere near his talent is carmine and drumze and both of them are very solid but still i think the kid dominates.

its really all opinion but in order to make it you must play to the crowd or be in a superior band that carries you.

alls im sayin is that kid jams the {censored} out and i would give both my nuts to play like he does

• Members

i see your point my friend.

that lil dude jams the {censored} out! for anyone here to diss him is dumb.the only person ive seen in here with anywhere near his talent is carmine and drumze and both of them are very solid but still i think the kid dominates.

its really all opinion but in order to make it you must play to the crowd or be in a superior band that carries you.

alls im sayin is that kid jams the {censored} out and i would give both my nuts to play like he does

I haven't seen much of Carmine's playing TBH, but as much as I dig drumze's vids, I think he'd be the first to admit that this kid is technically way above him.

• Members

I haven't seen much of Carmine's playing TBH, but as much as I dig drumze's vids, I think he'd be the first to admit that this kid is technically way above him.

search for the drum jam vids,he is pretty dominate.for an old fart,jj joking carm.i hold nothing against your age.your stuff is great,really

• Members

search for the drum jam vids,he is pretty dominate.for an old fart,jj joking carm.i hold nothing against your age.your stuff is great,really

I think I saw that one; I remember commenting on him "shredding" the whole time.

• Members

so why everyone always dissing you stark? i know your young and all but you seem alright.

have you posted any vids?id like to check it out

Because I'm a troll; you happen to agree with my most recent bout of it. :)

And I'm not so young. I turned 18.5 today!

And I'm hoping that somebody will buy me some cheap recording equipment for christmas so I can make some vids.

And and.

• Members
Because I'm a troll; you happen to agree with my most recent bout of it.
:)

And I'm not so young. I turned 18.5 today!

And I'm hoping that somebody will buy me some cheap recording equipment for christmas so I can make some vids.

And and.

a troll?

• Members

Half of what I say on here is either completely fabricated to piss people off, or worded in such a way as to piss off people. The other half, I'm legitimately disagreeing with them, but turn it into an opportunity to piss them off further.

Urban Dictionary:

Troll- One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

• Members

Half of what I say on here is either completely fabricated to piss people off, or worded in such a way as to piss off people. The other half, I'm legitimately disagreeing with them, but turn it into an opportunity to piss them off further.

Urban Dictionary:

Troll- One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

oh,{censored} you then! jj,there are a few on here that piss me off hella worse than you do.arrogent think they know it all assholes.or they wear stupid cowboy hats and drive 70k bmws and brag about it.lololol

• Members

Well, it seems that he's 16 now:

[YOUTUBE]CdhSI0AEJXQ[/YOUTUBE]

According to the Evans vid, his group is called andre matos. Plenty of 'toob vids of them. They seem to focus on metal covers and the kid does what's required. The stuff Stark posted is the 'show-stopper'. No different from what jazz cats did during a set to show what they could do. So, no point dragging the kid down over it. It's showmanship folks.

Whatever his age, he has an amazing ability. I can't play like that...although I don't aspire to. That's only because it's not my taste in music, though. I do aspire to be closer to more technically accomplished drummers than myself, just different styles of music. So I'm not knocking the kid.

One thing I would say, though, is that anyone focusing solely on technique is on a hiding to nothing (I don't think that of this kid, by the way: the band vids prove that he can play musically). I used to know a guitarist who thought of music only in terms of technique. When he went out into the real world, he had to swallow humble-pie and do a lot of catching-up; having to learn blues stuff - which he'd previously dismissed as sloppy/beneath him - classic rock etc in order to get work as a musician and attract pupils (he went into teaching). That's not to say that his time was wasted focusing on technique - far from it - but there's more to music than that. It's important not to lose the plot: don't dismiss simpler players, we can learn something from everyone.

Archived