Holy shit.

Stark

• Members

That kid is killer for any age. I mean I would like to see anyone just do what his left foot was doing when he was playing the block AND keeping his hi hat going steady at the same time. Just 'cause he was playing pretty fast the whole time doesn't mean he's undisciplined, or immature sounding. That's just what peeps expect these days.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think anyone came down unfairly; just the usual opinion jostling. He's from a land where linear interleaved syncopations are the meat and potatoes of the industry. He's unusually competent at drums but I think that is an indictment of this phony world that achievement of this nature stands out. The point, self preservation aside, is it's how you make the music. And that remains to be seen.

• Members

I don't think anyone came down unfairly; just the usual opinion jostling. He's from a land where linear interleaved syncopations are the meat and potatoes of the industry. He's unusually competent at drums but I think that is an indictment of this phony world that achievement of this nature stands out. The point, self preservation aside, is it's how you make the music. And that remains to be seen.

Do you have anything that I can listen to that show's how the music is made?

Archived