James Sullivan AKA 'The Rev' died today.

Cratz

• Members

I'm not such a fan of Avenged Sevenfold anymore, but the man was a good drummer for the genre. I consider him a huge influence to my punk/hardcore playing, and I think that the drumming on their first album (when he was 17) was some of the most amazingly superfluous stuff I've ever heard. Link.

Anyway, I thought he might have a fan or two in the drum forum. RIP James, you'll be hard to replace.

• Members

A7x is one of my favourite bands. It is a terrible shame that he has died. His drumming can be described as groundbreaking in metal-core for his "tasty" double kick chops. I play to many of their songs and am deeply mourning his loss. Perhaps one of the worst things is that i will not get to here what he might come up with in the future.

I saw A7X live in Toronto, and he is one hell of a live drummer, dead-on tempo, perfect chops. He is also a singer and pianist. An amazing singer/song writer. Some of his piano pieces are also humbling.

My friend got married about a year ago. His wedding song was "Warmness on the Soul" - Avenged Sevenfold. James took a big part in writing it. Go have a listen.

• Members

Indeed, when I heard about that it just absolutely struck me hard. They've always been one of my favorite bands, and I always admired his drumming even before I starting drumming (of course its only been a year, but yeah). I'd love to do a cover of one of there songs as a tribute, but I don't quite have that much skill yet -.-

• Members

Wow. I like A7X quite a bit. I appreciate that they picked up on twin, harmonized lead guitars from bands in my youth like Judas Priest and Maiden.

And Jimmy was a terrific player. I was looking forward to more output from them. Now I'll just have to put on Live in the LBC and enjoy it.

RIP James.

• Members

Wow. I like A7X quite a bit. I appreciate that they picked up on twin, harmonized lead guitars from bands in my youth like Judas Priest and Maiden.

And Jimmy was a terrific player. I was looking forward to more output from them. Now I'll just have to put on Live in the LBC and enjoy it.

RIP James.

didn't think you old guys listened to that kind of music.

• Members

RIP .... you will definately be missed

my bro was a huge fan of his as well as i, this is definately unfortunate. i dont see this band ever being the same without him behind the kit ..

i never got to see them live although i wanted too ... guess i will have to pop in live in the LBC, like someone mentioned in an earlier post

Archived