would this make you back out of a gig last minute??

cdawg

• Members

HA! kudos to you then. If nothing else, it'd be worth it to watch the other guy have an aneurysm right in front of you.

True this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When was dawgs gig? Last night, or tonight? I thought it was last night and have been waiting for an update is all.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've played several shows one someone else's kit and I've never had to move anything. Just played a show on St. Patrick's day on a kit that was COMPLETELY different from mine. Throne was way high, 1 up, 1 down compared to my 2 up and 1 down, pedals super loose, bass drum at a completely awkward angle for me, hats really low. I played great. No problems. Played a benefit show not long before that on a HORRIBLE kit. Set up all awkward, beaters so far back that they smacked my shins repeatedly... still an awesome show.

I don't see what the issue is, really. I have memory locks on all my {censored} too, and if someone is playing on my kit, they don't move stuff around.

• Members

my issue is the self-aggrandizing bull{censored} otherwise listed. that tells me that these mother{censored}ers are going to be a pain in the ass and any gains from playing aren't worth the very likely annoyance of simply being AROUND them.

My band carries a rider spec, which outlines to the venue/promoter our minimum requirements for a happy gig. Basically says we need at least 16 channels at FOH, speakers/amps we like to see, at least 2 monitor mixes, and that we bring all of our own mics/stands. We also get in contact with the opening band right away and say "hey man, we'll provide all the backline. If you want to bring your own backline that's cool, but otherwise you can use our stuff and save everyone lots of time and effort." We'll go on to list the backline we bring, and any caveats such as they must bring own amp head, guitars, bass guitar, and snare. If for some reason we have ZERO time for changeovers, we'll just tell the other band that there's absolutely no time to tear down and set up drum kits. If they make a big deal out of it then I guess they're not playing the gig.

I guess that means we're a huge pain in the ass to work with. The crux of the situation here is that I guess the headliner said this {censored} last minute? That's not very cool, but I guess one can either accept the terms or pass. If you don't like how things are panning out then walk, there's no need to make a big deal out of it.

• Members

gig went pretty well. their drummer stood in front of me while i "set up" by putting my snare and pedal into place, and a few of my cymbals. i was NOT allowed to change any of the tom heights, etc. the rack toms were at my chest level, so it was interesting. the muscles in my shoulders still hurt!! other than a few flubs, we slammed that {censored}, then bolted before the other band took the stage. our crowd cleared out, and it looked like they played to about 30 people. our crowd was about 125. {censored}ing BOOSH!!

• Members

30 people?!?! but-but-but-but-but - they have a rider! and rules!! surely they should be playing to capacity crowds at madison square garden!

this {censored} reminds me of the clowns that work out of their apartment and put {censored} like "suite #201" instead of "apt #201" on their business cards.

{censored} you, asshole, an apartment isn't a suite.

man, people take themselves too seriously.

Archived