Soo....interesting situation....

• Members

If you go this route...your asking for trouble. ignoring the problem, could get you in trouble. even if you did ask him not to bring it around.......do you trust him with your livelyhood???? It differs from state to state, but here at home if they find anything on your premises.....house, car, boat, bicycle.....they have the right to confiscate it. Its gone...bye,bye....you will never see it again.............not sure I would take his word, and think everthing will be ok........when drugs are involved...prepare for the worst scenario

Seriously?

As long as he's not bringing his {censored} to practice and gigs, and isn't coming to practices and gigs all {censored}ed up on his drugs, what the hell is the issue?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously?

As long as he's not bringing his {censored} to practice and gigs, and isn't coming to practices and gigs all {censored}ed up on his drugs,
what the hell is the issue?

My first response to the OP I answered as if he did have a problem with it, that's how it sounded. If he does the above^^^^ and keeps it that way, then to each his own. I really wouldn't give a {censored} if:

a- he did it away from the band and me;

b- it didn't become a problem with his playing.

Like clearlywine said, you can't play music today without running into a player who smokes weed, or something else. It's the nature of the beast. But if people that you don't know start stopping by regularly and he goes outside, that may be the time to lay the law down. I'm not against it I guess, I just wouldn't want to even be dragged into a situation through association is all.

• Members

Seriously?

As long as he's not bringing his {censored} to practice and gigs, and isn't coming to practices and gigs all {censored}ed up on his drugs,
what the hell is the issue?

if it were a drughead you could trust (if there such a thing)to respect you and yours, then id say fine. But the odds are against most. I have a friend on the drug task force here in missouri, they follow any and everybody associated with know dealers, and the places they frequent.........all Im sayin is one persons bad habit is not worth it to me giving up my house or other possesions, even if I didnt know he was carrying(even if he told me he wasn,t)......how many honest drug dealers are there out there???

Guess im just not that trusting in other people!!!!!!!!

• Members

Do you really want someone stashing bricks of coke in your house, unbeknownst to you?

man, that'd be {censored}ed up - leaving a buncha blow here and not telling me.

though it'd likely be the smarter business decision.

• Members

if it were a drughead you could trust (if there such a thing)to respect you and yours, then id say fine. But the odds are against most. I have a friend on the drug task force here in missouri, they follow any and everybody associated with know dealers, and the places they frequent.........all Im sayin is one persons bad habit is not worth it to me giving up my house or other possesions, even if I didnt know he was carrying(even if he told me he wasn,t)......how many honest drug dealers are there out there???

Guess im just not that trusting in other people!!!!!!!!

Umm... Who says you have to give up your house? If he isn't bringing his {censored} to practices or gigs, there's NO way they can take your house. There's NO way to relate that back to you.

And this is the {censored}ing problem with America... As soon as you smoke a joint, you're considered a "druggie." I've met a few honest drug dealers out there, and I'll admit that once you move up to harder drugs, they get less and less honest, but Jesus {censored}ing CHRIST. People need to lighten up and smoke a bowl and relax. Weed never hurt anyone.

The guy's just trying to make some extra money. Selling weed doesn't make you a "druggie" or a "junkie," and for some musicians y'all seem to be pretty uptight about this situation. Just let it be, like I said just tell him don't bring his {censored} to practices and gigs and don't show up all {censored}ed up.

Lighten up, everyone.

• Members

Umm... Who says you have to give up your house? If he isn't bringing his {censored} to practices or gigs, there's NO way they can take your house. There's NO way to relate that back to you.

And this is the {censored}ing problem with America... As soon as you smoke a joint, you're considered a "druggie." I've met a few honest drug dealers out there, and I'll admit that once you move up to harder drugs, they get less and less honest, but Jesus {censored}ing CHRIST. People need to lighten up and smoke a bowl and relax. Weed never hurt anyone.

The guy's just trying to make some extra money. Selling weed doesn't make you a "druggie" or a "junkie," and for some musicians y'all seem to be pretty uptight about this situation. Just let it be, like I said just tell him don't bring his {censored} to practices and gigs and don't show up all {censored}ed up.

Lighten up, everyone.

is what it is........sad truth.

So I guess I won,t be having you over to jam anytime soon:):wave:touche:lol:

Yep the poor guys just trying to make extra money.........LMAO.....Im sure thats what he will tell the judge when he gets busted trying to sell to one of my kids at school. I don,t believe the statement "weed never hurt anyone".....thats insane, it impairs judgement. Which leads to other problems.

• Members

is what it is........sad truth.

So I guess I won,t be having you over to jam anytime soon:):wave:touche:lol:

Yep the poor guys just trying to make extra money.........LMAO.....Im sure thats what he will tell the judge when he gets busted trying to sell to one of my kids at school. I don,t believe the statement "weed never hurt anyone".....thats insane, it impairs judgement. Which leads to other problems.

Oh, you're one of them. I see.

Weed really NEVER hurt anyone. The only people hurt by weed are people like you who think it's the source of the world's problems.

Ask anyone who's tried a joint or smoked a bowl before. You'll never hear them say "I want to forget that part of my life, I wish I never tried marijuana."

Don't be so damn closed-minded.

I've never stolen anything, gotten busted, or gotten in any trouble because of weed, I work, am responsible, and am a good musician. I do everything a normal person does. AND I smoke weed. You're saying you wouldn't "trust" me because of that ONE, SIMPLE fact? That's pretty sad, in my opinion. I understand being against dealing drugs, that's a whole different issue, but weed? Jesus Christ, my grandfather smokes weed. He's got over $8 million dollars to go towards his retirement - and more weed. He was a dentist his whole life. He has a loving family. He's responsible and has raised four daughters and one son and gave them everything they ever could have asked from them. You're saying he's a "druggie" because he likes to sit back, relax, and toke once in a while? Sad man, truly sad. Look at the medicinal uses too.

• Members

IT IS A GATEWAY DRUG!

A gateway to binging on Cheetos and Doritos.

Most serious problem I have had with pot was roommates who'd get too stoned to remember they were supposed to meet me somewhere later. That crap gets old fast.

The guys doing lines are a whole different breed, obviously. Their motivation for living changes and that can easily affect the band situation. Is it really a surprise that so many big acts have been compromised due to someone's problem with alcohol, heroin, skanky women/men with HIV, etc?

• Members

I've never stolen anything, gotten busted, or gotten in any trouble because of weed, I work, am responsible, and am a good musician. I do everything a normal person does. AND I smoke weed. You're saying you wouldn't "trust" me because of that ONE, SIMPLE fact? That's pretty sad, in my opinion. I understand being against dealing drugs, that's a whole different issue, but weed? Jesus Christ, my
grandfather
smokes weed. He's got over $8 million dollars to go towards his retirement - and more weed. He was a dentist his whole life. He has a loving family. He's responsible and has raised four daughters and one son and gave them everything they ever could have asked from them. You're saying he's a "druggie" because he likes to sit back, relax, and toke once in a while? Sad man, truly sad. Look at the medicinal uses too.

so you and a few you know are mellow laid back users.......I get that....but its the ones that are not that im worried about.

Man I get it, you think im overboard just because we are talkin about weed, im not...we could be talkin about people that drink to much in excess, and i would have a problem with that too. You could say drinkin never hurt anyone either.....true...until it impairs judgement. Somehow, I believe a dealer isnt going to care whether you tell him not to carry on your house, he'll do it anyway. He has no care for anyone elses laws!!What makes you think he will care about yours??? No matter what you think..this thread wasn,t about your use, just the OP's asking for an opinion

• Members

The "machette run over [your] lower leg" was the alcohol, not the weed, I can guarantee that. I broke my leg due to being drunk. I've never been injured while high. Alcohol is the devil in disguise, I'll admit that, but weed?

Naw.

• Members

And...what's the problem?

Eazy E paid for NWA's first record by selling crack. Are you going to argue with those results?

{censored}ing exactly.

Not saying I'd trust a crack dealer, but you get my point.

• Members

{censored}ing exactly.

Not saying I'd trust a crack dealer, but you get my point.

Dre, Ice, and Ren were broke mother{censored}ers. They had no choice.

Like i said, hard to argue with one of the most influential albums of all time. {censored}, i WISH i could find a skilled bass player that dealt. He could pay for rehearsal space.

• Members

Dre, Ice, and Ren were broke mother{censored}ers. They had no choice.

Like i said, hard to argue with one of the most influential albums of all time. {censored}, i WISH i could find a skilled bass player that dealt. He could pay for rehearsal space.

Das wassup.

The one's I don't trust are the one's who don't need the extra money from dealing. That's when you know they're just in it to find hookups to other {censored}.

@race81 - Relax man, nobody's trying to start {censored}. I'm just appalled you labeled every single drug dealer out there, regardless of black, white, rich, poor, etc, as criminal and untrustworthy. A pretty narrow-minded statement, if you ask me.

• Members

Thats Ok nklarow, I am relaxed........im just sittin here waitin for a trustworthy drug dealer to come by and set me straight. This debate could go on for years. If I labeled them all criminal and untrustworthy....its honest in my head........for one its against the law.......and I wouldn,t trust someone who continually breaks the law knowingly. Sometimes you have to look at the big picture.

Im starting to think this thread belongs in the OJ.......lol.

• Members

Thats Ok nklarow, I am relaxed........im just sittin here waitin for a trustworthy drug dealer to come by and set me straight. This debate could go on for years. If I labeled them all criminal and untrustworthy....its honest in my head........for one its against the law.......and I wouldn,t trust someone who continually breaks the law knowingly. Sometimes you have to look at the big picture.

Im starting to think this thread belongs in the OJ.......lol.

Wait long enough and one actually might stop by.

Come on man, it's against the law to drive and talk on the cell phone. I guess you won't be trusting anyone who breaks that law, either.

• Members

mann....now you guys have got me thinking a bit more. my status just changed, IDK what I'm gonna do any more
:):wave:

You also haven't (unless I missed it) said what he's dealing, or even if you found out the rumor is true or not.

To me, it's no big deal and wouldn't even warrant a thread, but it's your band, it's up to you guys to decide what to do. Just don't do anything drastic and understand that (if it is) weed, I think you guys are making this into a much bigger deal than it needs to be.

• Members

Wow...
Some scarily simple-minded thinking on display in this thread, and far more jumping to conclusions and supposition based on thin air than I'd expect to see...

Clearly, if you're not a 10 year old kid or a straight-edge band, you do nothing, based on what you've posted here.

You have 4th hand information that the guy is dealing; you have no way of knowing that it's true or not at all.

You have given zero detail as to WHAT the guy is rumored to be dealing, nor in what quantity. People who don't live in the real world can equate someone who may sell an occasional joint with someone who is a full-time meth or heroin dealer, but...they are far from the same.

In other words, at this point, unless you have more information, and specifically more FACTS on the matter, you haven't heard or seen anything that SHOULD require any sort of action or response on your part.

Ask yourself this question: does it REALLY matter to you if the guy is dealing or in any way/shape/form associated with any kind of technically illegal drugs at all, with no other qualifiers as to how/how much/etc.?

Perhaps in your world everything is black and white and you can't abide with any of it. In which case, I wish you good luck in living the life of a solo-artist hermit....

• Members

I personally dont touch people with drug issues, dealing or using. Just dont want to mess with the drama and BS that will almost certainly come along one day. But you would need to be sure that there is an issue in the first place.

Theres a big difference in liability between someone who smokes every now and then, and someone who is a dealer. To hell with ever risking dealing with that mess. If hes doing it, Id say look elsewhere. I dont work with people like that, and I have never had a shortage of bands or players to jam with.

The jokes are all well and good, but there are the serious things to consider too, and you just have to decide for yourself if you want to work with him or not.

• Members

Come on man, it's against the law to drive and talk on the cell phone. I guess you won't be trusting anyone who breaks that law, either.

here in missouri and illinois, it is not illegal to use a cell phone while driving...text yes...talk no. In states on east coast where people don,t know how to keep from running others over...yes. You have to compare apples to apples. I could look up statistics, but that would bore me and just prove what I already know. Around the three states I am near there are multiple sales from drug seized property every year (houses, cars, boats, land, ect)......I have yet to see one for cellphones!!!:facepalm:

John.........do what you think is right. Just remember theres laws against that crap, and could lead you somewhere you don,t want to go. JMO.

Archived