Stick Control techniques?

JMR

• Members

A.) I could use some! Not just for playing faster, but because I want to be able to play more consistently and adding variation.

Also, any tips for kick pedal endurance?

By the way, I am not a metal drummer.

• Members

A.) I could use some! Not just for playing faster, but because I want to be able to play more consistently and adding variation.

When I studied with Jim Chapin, he taught me the Moeller Method, which he learned from Sanford Moeller himself. I believe Moeller's book is still in print. Also Master Studies by Joe Morello is a great book for developing the hands.

Both are best served by studying them from an accomplished teacher! :thu:

Sorry, the educator in me is coming out! :lol:

• Members

Also, any tips for kick pedal endurance?

By the way, I am
not
a metal drummer.

You thread title says it all:

Work the inside cover of Stick Control.

Apply to hands & feet.

• Members

Definitely looking into the Moeller method, from what I've learned of it, it seems to be just what I'm looking for. Colin Bailey's stuff is definitely something I want to learn.

• Members

Definitely looking into the Moeller method, from what I've learned of it, it seems to be just what I'm looking for. Colin Bailey's stuff is definitely something I want to learn.

When a method uses science/physics and human ergonomics as its foundation, as does the Moeller Method, it just "makes sense".

Once you get a feel for it, I think you'll see that it's the way to go, along with finger control, you'll be able to execute things much easier and more relaxed, which leads to increased speed, stick control and dynamics.

Archived