CrossEyedMary...

TheGirlfriend

• Members

Doin good. Headed to Portland to start over. No clue what's in my future and I love it.

Good to hear from you and glad you're doing okay. Where is your set now?? I hope that you can get on your feet again and do something on your own soon. Not picking on you and you can do what you want, just that I really hope to see you become a success in whatever you decide to do! Don't quit or give up as there are many of us that believe in you! Is WAY nice for Grimmie and GF to take you in!

• Members

I am a career counselor, allow me to give you simple advice for being a professional writer/editor/journalist.

Get a degree and job in Chemical Engineering, do your writing on the side. Harsh I know, but I have about half a dozen people with MAs in various writing and journalism fields who cant find work. In OR right now you cant even get work teaching. Hopefully that will turn around.

But seriously, do what you love, and balance it with what you NEED to do and you will be fine. Ive got a degree and interest in Psych Research and teaching, and Im not in that field right now.

You might be in puny Portland, where the last thing needed is another blogger :), but it seems you are with good handlers.

• Members

The hot field these days is anarchy. You can teach drummers of all levels it doesn't matter wtf they do or how as long as they dig it. Or don't dig it - aesthetics are fair game too and here's the beauty of it: If you play it right, you'll make a ton of money. It's genre they don't teach at school because one and all can rule.

Archived