ot...what wine goes with fish sticks and creamed corn??

cdawg

• Members

I'm about to get all wine snobby up in here:

Dominus (1991, 1994, 2008 have all been awesome. I want to try the 2009)

Rubicon (2005 is my favorite vintage that I've tried so far)

Alpha Omega (the 2009 ERA is delicious)

I have no idea what goes well with fish sticks and creamed corn though haha. I'm thinking a zin would be pretty good as you can offset some of the sweetness of the corn with the spicyness of the wine.

• Members

Sounds like the worst date ever man.

And tonight we have the chef's special, half frozen fish sticks with fancy ketchup packets and creamed corn. And a splendid 2012 Cupcake Sauvignon; so fresh, and only $8 a bottle! Would the lady like some fresh ground seasoned salt on her potato salad?

Sounds like a Jim Gaffigan joke.

• Members

For cheap, bota box. boxed wine with decent flavor, most I've tried have a smooth "butteriness" texture. Not too bland or acidic. Carlo Rossi is good too, for the money at least. I'm not a big wine-o but I prefer cab's, merlot, and other reds that aren't too sweet. I dig sangria as long as its only sweetened with fruit.

• Members

For cheap, there's a Oregon Pinot Noir called "Rascal". Only $6.99 a bottle and FANTASTIC.

Generally I don't spend more than $10 for a bottle of wine unless i'm out for a special occassion.

I don't know what you can get back east though... Do you see much west coast {censored} besides California?

• Members

Being a bourbon man (I am in Kentucky after all), when my wife and I have a bottle of wine it is always something local. We buy 2 bottles, one to drink, one to store, and have started a decent collection. Our favorites you will have never heard of, so all I can say is support your local winery.

(But remember, white with fish...)

• Members

I rarely buy wine. My dad's a wine maker, so i usually just get it from him either free or really {censored}ing cheap.

When I do get wine, it's usually some kinda bum wine. T-bird or Carlo Rossi.

Typically I buy bourbon. Cheap, dirty bourbon.

• Members

I rarely buy wine. My dad's a wine maker, so i usually just get it from him either free or really {censored}ing cheap.

When I do get wine, it's usually some kinda bum wine. T-bird or Carlo Rossi.

Typically I buy bourbon. Cheap, dirty bourbon.

Do they sell Very Old Bartons in Oregon?

Archived