sleishman, the only true free floater

richfreak

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The UofA drumline was the first to march with the Remo Legato, back in '92. Two years before they hit the market.

Note: UofA drumline NOT pitcured below.

PP02_27.jpg

The top section was a mini-snare, with batter/reso & snare, and was independent of the shell and basically just fit snuggly over the top. On the bottom of the shell was another reso with snare.

Slap some kevlar on 'em and whackity crackity away on "The Marching Oreos"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It would appear from the picture posted by modo fire that the timber rings on the peavey drum are glued to the the shell, therefore they cannot be free floating.

Enjoy what you have richfreak if you love em you play em.

• Members

It would appear from the picture posted by modo fire that the timber rings on the peavey drum are glued to the the shell, therefore they cannot be free floating.

Enjoy what you have richfreak if you love em you play em.

nope, i have examined the peavey, and it is a true free floater, the first free floating drum.

• Members

why do I think scalen and richfreak are the same person.......

well anyway I looked around their sight and those do look like reeeaally nice drums. They've got some pretty cool wood choices I would love to hear. And judging by some of the wood choices I would guess they make all their own shells (although they probably import the maple and birch so ya never know) which is pretty cool...As most companies like this, just use Keller.

Personally I would love to get on a few of these kits and have a go. The recorded samples of the one kit sound pretty good. A little Low and thick for my tastes but nice sustain.

Archived