The Glorious Peavey T-40...

JC Bass

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by lug

The T-60 is a guitar and has a fanatical following as well. Released at the same time as the T-40, I believe they even have the same pups in them.

is there a third T Bass after the 20 and 40? I thought he mentioned a T 60 bass and guitar.....but this was 6 months ago so I may be off my rocker.

• Members
Originally posted by PrestiaRules

is there a third T Bass after the 20 and 40? I thought he mentioned a T 60 bass and guitar.....but this was 6 months ago so I may be off my rocker.

There is a T-45 which is a single pup version of the T-40 (the T-20 is NOT a single version of a T-40, different pup and bridge) There are several T- series guitars but I've only heard good reviews on the T-60.

PEAVEY45T160X212.jpg
T-45

• Members

Originally posted by lug

There is a T-45 which is a single pup version of the T-40 (the T-20 is NOT a single version of a T-40, different pup and bridge) There are several T- series guitars but I've only heard good reviews on the T-60.

Once again Lug hits the nail on the head....that is bass he played along with the T-60 guitar....he swears by both of them...I was thinking of picking up a T60 guitar just for fun..

anyone played the T-45?

• Members
Originally posted by J.

Don't get your hopes up - they suck. If you want poor playability, crap tone and unweildy weight, the T-40 is your bass. If you prefer a more refined instrument then it's not for you.

Don't get me wrong, the T-40 is a good bargain at $100 on the used market. Still, it's only a $100 bass and shouldn't be expected to peform much beyond that. With all the nostalgic hype these things get, the legend is much more spectacular than reality.

Someone's never played properly setup T-40 in good condition.

• Members

Originally posted by TheGZeus,OnFire

Someone's never played properly setup T-40 in good condition.

There is a lot of truth to this. I have never picked up a T-40 at a pawn shop that was setup anywhere near decent. Plus I'm sure the dreaded "broken phase switch" syndrome rears it's ugly head all the time (when the phase switch breaks, usually the bridge pup is disabled).

• Members

Originally posted by el_duderino676

I think that I will look ofr one in pawn shops first, but in the great chance that I don't fingd one locally, I will probably get one off of the "bay, since they are quite constantly being sold on there.

there does seem to be a regular source of them on there doesn't there? Saw one a couple months ago that was a true 'closet classic' looked like it had been purchased and placed in the closet untouched for 25 years...guy wanted $450 though....

• Members

Originally posted by PrestiaRules

there does seem to be a regular source of them on there doesn't there? Saw one a couple months ago that was a true 'closet classic' looked like it had been purchased and placed in the closet untouched for 25 years...guy wanted $450 though....

yeah, but there is usually at least one or two on there in pretty good condition for 150-200 US.

• Members
Originally posted by el_duderino676

yeah, but there is usually at least one or two on there in pretty good condition for 150-200 US.

indeed there is!~! That is where I got mine $278 shipped to the Great White North...no duty either ;) Plus the usually come with that tank of a case!

Archived