The Glorious Peavey T-40...

JC Bass

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by PrestiaRules

cool clips

I still want a black T-40 ...not sure why my natural ash one is lovely cool bass though

be aware that most (but not all) solid color ones are not ash. They are either poplar or alder.

• Members

Originally posted by lug

be aware that most (but not all) solid color ones are not ash. They are either poplar or alder.

Really?

I assume they are a lot lighter too. My ash beast weighs in at over 13lbs.

• Members

Originally posted by lug

I didn't realize that (but it makes sense). Thanks! You guys suck. Now I want one for sure. :p

I started getting more interested in these after commenting that I liked the tone on Journey's song "Stone in Love", then finding out Ross used a T-40.

I'm COMPLETELY happy with my Stingray and Jazz, but man... The prices on those T-40's are almost too hard to pass up.

• Members

Originally posted by SgtThump

I'm COMPLETELY happy with my Stingray and Jazz, but man... The prices on those T-40's are almost too hard to pass up.

If any bass is worth the couple hundred for it, this one is. Serious work horse that has a bunhc of tones in there you can coax out of it, and is rock solid.

Great all-around bass.

• Members

Originally posted by beam

If any bass is worth the couple hundred for it, this one is. Serious work horse that has a bunhc of tones in there you can coax out of it, and is rock solid.

Great all-around bass.

Those basses are passive, right?

Chris

• Members

Originally posted by SgtThump

Those basses are passive, right?

Chris

Yep. Plus strung thu body bridge, metal nut same material as frets for great open string sound. The dual Humbuckers that can also be configured as single coils on the fly (via tone pots) with a phase shift switch (pretty much useless unless you want a real "hollow" sound for some reason). Most are Ash bodies and very heavy. Peavy's first bass and the first bass ever made on a CNC machine. The necks are also bi-cut (cut down the middle, trussrod installed and glued back) similar to G&Ls. Simply the best bass you can get for the dollar, IMNSHO.

• Members

Originally posted by el_duderino676

why not just have the nut replaced with a nickel one?

No reason to.

Originally posted by lug

They must have changed at some time. The original ones had metal nuts. I haven't every heard anyone talk about this, though.

May have happened when they switched over to exposed blade pickups too :confused:

Either way, I don't think it lost any of it's mojo ;)

• Members

Originally posted by beam

No reason to.

May have happened when they switched over to exposed blade pickups too
:confused:

Either way, I don't think it lost any of it's mojo
;)

I assume after they cut the bodies they soak them in extracted testosterone for a few months before actual production. It's the only way I see them getting that much mojo in one bass.

• Members

Originally posted by lug

I assume after they cut the bodies they soak them in extracted testosterone for a few months before actual production. It's the only way I see them getting that much mojo in one bass.

I agree, this must be true.

Archived