Robert Plant

fretless

• Members

Originally posted by Rowka

BB, what comment was that?

Plant was being interviewed before the Page & Plant tour started. When Plant was asked what JPJ is up to these days he replied "Probably parking cars" I read on JPJ's message board by various posters on the site that Plant made a private apology to JPJ. According to posters on that site JPJ is waiting for a public apology since Plant made the comment public he believes the apology should be public as well. JPJ has posted responses to posters asking him questions on his site. However, he has repeatedly skirted this question when asked.

There is a bit of histery between Plant and Jones...

During an interview with JPJ not too long ago he was asked what it was like with the other Zep members during the Zep days. He responded with telling what his relationship was with each member. When he got to Plant his response was, "We exchanged our annual Christmas card, that was about it except for when we were touring, recording or writing material."

• Members

Originally posted by bassballs

Plant was being interviewed before the Page & Plant tour started. When Plant was asked what JPJ is up to these days he replied "Probably parking cars" I read on JPJ's message board by various posters on the site that Plant made a private apology to JPJ. According to posters on that site JPJ is waiting for a public apology since Plant made the comment public he believes the apology should be public as well. JPJ has posted responses to posters asking him questions on his site. However, he has repeatedly skirted this question when asked.

There is a bit of histery between Plant and Jones...

During an interview with JPJ not too long ago he was asked what it was like with the other Zep members during the Zep days. He responded with telling what his relationship was with each member. When he got to Plant his response was, "We exchanged our annual Christmas card, that was about it except for when we were touring, recording or writing material."

If that's the case then Plant's a moron!!! He owes is entire career to JPJ, who was without question the musical genius behind Led Zeppelin. Plant calling himself The Mighty Re-Arranger like he is is a joke since the original Mighty Arranger was JPJ himself. Without JPJ there would be no Zeppelin.

• Members

Originally posted by Bonoman

If that's the case then Plant's a moron!!! He owes is entire career to JPJ, who was without question the musical genius behind Led Zeppelin. Plant calling himself The Mighty Re-Arranger like he is is a joke since the original Mighty Arranger was JPJ himself. Without JPJ there would be no Zeppelin.

+1 JPJ was the cofounder of Zep with Page...

• Members

Originally posted by bassballs

+1 JPJ was the cofounder of Zep with Page...

Not only was the co-founder, he wrote the music - everything but the riffs and guitar solos were from the brain of JPJ. Just because he was a little quieter and less flashy than Page or Plant this gets overlooked, but he really was the musical genius behind the band. Never mind the bass, he played every instrument that wasn't lead guitar or drums!

• Members

Originally posted by Bonoman

Not only was the co-founder, he wrote the music - everything but the riffs and guitar solos were from the brain of JPJ. Just because he was a little quieter and less flashy than Page or Plant this gets overlooked, but he really was the musical genius behind the band. Never mind the bass, he played every instrument that wasn't lead guitar or drums!

I hear ya Bro...I ALWAYS thought JPJ was over looked and people always underestimated his importance in Zep. He IS the reason I started playing bass.

• Members

Hey I love Led Zep (except they're way overplayed on the radio and it ruins my listening experience.)

Anyways, I've listened to my fair share of Led Zep LIVE stuff and seriously I am not just saying this---John Paul Jones holds the songs together when Led Zep played live. If you listen to led zep live, Jimmy Page usually is doing some crazy stuff on guitar and sometimes he sounds like he's out of tune and not in time and just going off into some other existence--which is actually cool. While Page is going nutso and Plant is wailing away and John Bonham is doing some crazy fills, John Paul Jones is holding down a rock solid deep phat sounding bass line that just hold the frames and the foundation of the song together while mostly Plant and Page try to tear the house down.

I love tghe song "No Quarter" and I love TOOL's version of that song--especially Justin Chancellor's bass on that song is awesome.

John Paul Jones also plays the keyboards:)

• Members

Originally posted by xvertirx

Hey I love Led Zep (except they're way overplayed on the radio and it ruins my listening experience.)

Anyways, I've listened to my fair share of Led Zep LIVE stuff and seriously I am not just saying this---John Paul Jones holds the songs together when Led Zep played live. If you listen to led zep live, Jimmy Page usually is doing some crazy stuff on guitar and sometimes he sounds like he's out of tune and not in time and just going off into some other existence--which is actually cool. While Page is going nutso and Plant is wailing away and John Bonham is doing some crazy fills, John Paul Jones is holding down a rock solid deep phat sounding bass line that just hold the frames and the foundation of the song together while mostly Plant and Page try to tear the house down.

I love tghe song "No Quarter" and I love TOOL's version of that song--especially Justin Chancellor's bass on that song is awesome.

John Paul Jones also plays the keyboards:)

I had a friend who used to sell bootleg imports, etc. and have heard many many live zep shows. The above staement is absolutely correct. JPJ was the ONLY consistant member night to night. It was really weird how Page and Plant almost never had an "on" night at the same time, it was almost like they intentionally traded back and forth.

Archived