Playing bass with a pick is like...

Lanefair

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Being a stupid douchebag who doesn't know a viable technique if it bit his junk off?:rolleyes:

You have no {censored}ing idea how goddamn sick I am of stupid elitist assholes like you. It's a sound. Deal with it. Do you honestly have nothing better to do than to bag on how other people chose how to play a bass? Honestly, shut the {censored} up and play.

Okay, that's my rant for the year.

• Members
Originally posted by Reverend179

Being a stupid douchebag who doesn't know a viable technique if it bit his junk off?
:rolleyes:

You have no {censored}ing idea how goddamn sick I am of stupid elitist assholes like you. It's a sound. Deal with it. Do you honestly have nothing better to do than to bag on how other people chose how to play a bass? Honestly, shut the {censored} up and play.

And you call yourself a reverend? :eek:

• Members

Being a stupid douchebag who doesn't know a viable technique if it bit his junk off?

Very well said, my man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

• Members

amen!

• Members

Originally posted by no-logic

A GOOD bass player can play with both.

WRONG! Steve Harris or Dirk Lance NEVER played with picks and they were great bass players. I consider myself a pretty good player and I will never use a pick for any reason. I just don't like them. To each his own.

• Members

Originally posted by tenyearsgone

WRONG! Steve Harris or Dirk Lance NEVER played with picks and they were great bass players. I consider myself a pretty good player and I will never use a pick for any reason. I just don't like them. To each his own.

I guess the correct way of saying it would be, "A well rounded bassist can play both."

• Members
Originally posted by tenyearsgone

I thought you had more smarts than that! There were two operative words in the statement:

A GOOD bass player CAN play with both.

This is opposed to: A GOOD bass player MUST play with both, which I feel you are confusing matters with.

I am sure if Steve and Dirk wanted to they could play with a pick very well. Maybe they do doodle on a pick and you don't know as much about them as you think you do?

To each his own, of course :)

• Members
Originally posted by Benjamin

I thought you had more smarts than that! There were two operative words in the statement:

A GOOD bass player CAN play with both.

This is opposed to: A GOOD bass player MUST play with both, which I feel you are confusing matters with.

I am sure if Steve and Dirk wanted to they could play with a pick very well. Maybe they do doodle on a pick and you don't know as much about them as you think you do?

To each his own, of course
:)

Another yes, you are correct sir.

• Members

Originally posted by conk97

is ok if its right for the song. I personally dont use a pick that much, mainly due to the fact I dont like the sound and i find I can play faster and more acurate with my fingers.

+1

I practice with fingers & a pick but I play with fingers in rehersals & gigs. I like the sound fingers give better than the pick...fingers are more organic

• Members
Originally posted by bbl

Go see Bobby Vega play, then report back:

gamh1214.jpg

great point...got to be the phattest sounding pick player I have ever heard. When he filled in for Rocco with the Tower of Power his pick style was sweet as hell and not at all in the 'typical' pick style sound (IMHO of course....)

• Members

Originally posted by FreestyleIntruder

...throttling yourself with a belt and blowing hot air on your balls with a hairdryer while you masturbate, sometimes it's the only way to get the job done...

you too????

• Members

Originally posted by FreestyleIntruder

...throttling yourself with a belt and blowing hot air on your balls with a hairdryer while you masturbate, sometimes it's the only way to get the job done...

{censored}! We should start a club.

Archived