@ Bass NW

fretless

• Members

This is what's great about lurking on a good forum like this one....people with experience in one area help out people that specialize or are more experienced in other areas.

Someone needs to educate me a little here, if you can....what the hell would make that bass worth 2 grand? I get the hand-made aspect of it, I get the fact that it's 30 years old, and that some decent woods were used in the making of it, but.....

• Members

Originally posted by timmerz

This is what's great about lurking on a good forum like this one....people with experience in one area help out people that specialize or are more experienced in other areas.

Someone needs to educate me a little here, if you can....what the hell would make that bass worth 2 grand? I get the hand-made aspect of it, I get the fact that it's 30 years old, and that some decent woods were used in the making of it, but.....

also the fact that they were in limited production and are very very very hard to find. also the rumors of Pete (founder of wal) retiring has sent the price of used wals through the roof. there was a wal mk1 up there for about $2500 used when you could shell out $500 to get a new one.....after a 2 year wait.......

but thats the other thing....Pete has also stopped taking orders right now which fuels the "retirement" rumors.

right now i have a brand spanking new cocobolo wal waiting for me at bass central, i just have to finish paying it off. its one of a kind and took 2 and a half years for it, but owning other wals i do have to say its worth the wait and you get your monies worth in quality.

but i wouldn't pay more then $1100 for a pro 1.

Archived