Greg Curbow passed away

Prockenklang

• Members

I am very sad to report that my dear friend,guitar and bass builder Greg Curbow passed away this morning.

A memorial service will be held on August 19th at 3:00 at St.Luke's Episcopal Church in Blueridge,Ga.

Margret Curbow has asked that donations be sent to the Curbow School Of Luthiery.

For more information,please contact Curbow String Instruments at 706-374-2873

• Members

Having no better idea than this, I sent the following to his email address, (which was the sole point of contact on either of his websites).

To whomever should receive this,

On behalf of the entire Bass Forum at Harmony Central, please accept our heartfelt and most sincere condolences on your loss. We share in it with you.

Greg was a great contributor to music and luthierie, who has left us all far too soon. His work will endure through the soulful and passionate tones of those forunate enough to own one of his creations; creations which will be treasured for an eternity.

Through his work, he lives on.

Respectfully yours,

Gavin 'Grumpy Polecat' Parrish

I just felt like I ought to do SOMETHING...

• Members

Originally posted by the_big_geez

Having no better idea than this, I sent the following to his email address, (which was the sole point of contact on either of his websites).

On behalf of the entire Bass Forum at Harmony Central, please accept our heartfelt and most sincere condolences on your loss. We share in it with you.

Greg was a great contributor to music and luthierie, who has left us all far too soon. His work will endure through the soulful and passionate tones of those forunate enough to own one of his creations; creations which will be treasured for an eternity.

Respectfully yours,

Amen

• Members

Originally posted by the_big_geez

Respectfully yours,

Well done bro.

• Members

My condolences, also. He had a very excellent reputation, and answered customer service personnally a lot of times. He was very good at backing up his products, and even worked with Cort on the basses they manufactured with his name. We will all miss him.

• Members

I read about Greg in the Atlanta Journal. While I don't own any of his basses, I have coveted them. I've been to his store in Morganton a few times, the 1st before I even knew it was Greg's. I walked in to this litlle bitty musice store in the middle of nowhere & saw 4 or 5 real Curbow basses and a few of the ones he designed for Cort. I commented on how surprised I was that there would be so many high end instruments outside New York, LA, Nashville, or Atlanta. The guy behind the counter (the English guy whose name I'm sorry I don't recall) said that's because it's Greg's store. About then Greg came in we had a great chat about bass design & his work with Cort. I have 2 Cort guitars & I bought a Regal from the store that very day.

I would pop in whenever I was in the area, just to say hi or see how his school program was going, but unfortunately my last time up there I didn't have the time. I will always regret that.

Archived