Ladies and Gentlemen: My Dream Bass

TheGZeus,OnFire

• Members

Originally posted by TheGZeus,OnFire

http://www.washburn.com/basses/xb/xb926.htm

Whoa.

Wish it came in a solid color...

Nice! The 5-strings look nice too! I heard a local bassist playing a Washburn with Barts through an Eden Metro, and he had good tone.

With that beautiful top wood, why would you want a solid color?:confused:

• Members

That's the zebrawood top. I have a Washburn Taurus that has some other kind of wood on it than the mahogany it's supposed to have. It's like they ran out of mahogany and made it out of cocobola. I'm not kidding. The only other basses I've seen with the knarled, twisting grain like the bass I have are made from cocobola. The body on mine was made in Vietnam then set up in the US. But anyway, you'll love that Washburn. The neck. Oh my, the neck. And they sound like butter. The tuners are great, too. They're Grover tuners. I haven't had to tune a string since the end of July and I play every day. I played a 4 string version of that bass here in Cleveland at Pro Audio. Very nice and I want one but the bass I have is just so darn nice. Did I mention the wood?

• Members

I love the BS they say about "Our custom-milled bridge makes it so that you can, for the first time, play a 6-string that's both comfortable and fast."

The BS I refer to is the "for the first time" line. I've played many 6 string basses NOT by washburn that were both comfortable and fast.:D

• Members

Originally posted by Adrenochrome

That is just too much money, and for a bolt-on neck??

many players (myself included) think a bolt necked bass is far superior to set or through necks.

I've gotten rid of all my non bolt necked basses. The one I've got on order is a bubinga version of this bolt neck bass

sleek4.JPG

sleek3.JPG

GZeus: I've played a few of those Washburns... they are sweet basses!

• Members

Yeah that looks like a fine instrument! In the cheaper/used end of the market where I dwell, I've generally found neck-through basses to have better tone, sustain and general resonance. Having not played an expensive bolt-on bass [except an old P at a jam night once], do these basses carry the tone, sustain that cheap bolt-ons don't?

• Members

Originally posted by bassplayer7770

Here's another example of a Cocobolo top. Still look the same?

Yes, that's it. Mine is a neckthrough with seven laminations of maple and mahogany. The mahogany is straight grained. The wings are just like your photo, even a little more twisting. Just beautiful. I paid only $420 for it, too.

You can get some dealers to discount the price up to 40% off. So that $2500 would be closer to $1500.

• Members

Originally posted by speddling

many players (myself included) think a bolt necked bass is far superior to set or through necks.

I've gotten rid of all my non bolt necked basses. The one I've got on order is a bubinga version of this bolt neck bass

sleek4.JPG

sleek3.JPG

GZeus: I've played a few of those Washburns... they are sweet basses!

This looks like DP Custom Guitar bass.

• Members

Originally posted by Perfessor

This looks like DP Custom Guitar bass.

Hardly! Chris makes top shelf, boutique basses! Precision tools crafted to strict standards.... www.benaventeguitars.com

I've yet to meet anyone online that actually likes their DP Custom! Every one I know of had to be sent back for structural and finish defects... most all were sold at a loss or thrown out because they sucked so bad!

Archived