Ladies and Gentlemen: My Dream Bass

TheGZeus,OnFire

• Members
Originally posted by speddling

Hardly! Chris makes top shelf, boutique basses! Precision tools crafted to strict standards....
www.benaventeguitars.com

I've yet to meet anyone online that actually likes their DP Custom! Every one I know of had to be sent back for structural and finish defects... most all were sold at a loss or thrown out because they sucked so bad!

Well, I'm thinking about taking my chances. I like their single cutaway neck through basses. I've never heard anywhere of complaints against DP. Can you give me a link to some negative comments about them?

• Members

Originally posted by Perfessor

Well, I'm thinking about taking my chances. I like their single cutaway neck through basses. I've never heard anywhere of complaints against DP. Can you give me a link to some negative comments about them?

Do a search over at TalkBass.com. 'DP' is too short to search, so you might have to search for 'Pushic'.

• Members
Originally posted by speddling

Hardly! Chris makes top shelf, boutique basses! Precision tools crafted to strict standards....
www.benaventeguitars.com

I've yet to meet anyone online that actually likes their DP Custom! Every one I know of had to be sent back for structural and finish defects... most all were sold at a loss or thrown out because they sucked so bad!

I read quite a few of the posts on Talkbass.com. It seemed there were a few good ones with photos showing good workmanship and some horror stories. Too bad. I'm not going to order one anyway I just saw the shape.

• Members
Originally posted by bassplayer7770

Nice! The 5-strings look nice too! I heard a local bassist playing a Washburn with Barts through an Eden Metro, and he had good tone.

With that beautiful top wood, why would you want a solid color?
:confused:

...Because I think it looks like Zubaz or something.

I think it looks like a table that's laughably expensive.

I'll probably rub it with a green oil-based staid o it just looks like moldy wood.
That at least would fit the theme...(long story)

• Members

Originally posted by sludgebass69

$2,449.90 !..............I don't care if it is made in the USA:rolleyes:

1600 bucks for a made in the USA bass with exotic woods, matched headstock, custom-machined bridge, and VERY low demand(meaning they'd have to MAKE it when you ordered it). With Case.

That's NOT that bad.

My Ibanez Universe was 1400 with case, and I can't beleive I haggled it down that far.

My Jazzmaster was 1359 before tax....

Archived