Why does anyone use any amp other than GK?

The Aardvark

• Members

because GK dont make an amp that sounds better than any of mine, or any of the ones I use (mine being Peavey mark VI, Traynor YGA-1A, my friends Traynor YBA-1A, and the Acoustic 370 that'll be in my possession soon.).

• Members

Originally posted by The Aardvark

I should probably have titled this thread differently. I'm not trying to convert anyone here. I'm just REALLY happy with my sound right now. As a matter of fact, I hope I DON'T convert anyone. I always want to sound at least a little bit unique.

you're thread title is fine. It is certainly opinionated but it shouldn't offend anyone. Strong opinions are good because they cause great debate- sometimes informative and always entertaining.

Digging your tone is a truly wonderful thing and can often be rare so you have the right to be excited and post about it.

• Members

Originally posted by pbass_groovin

How does that sound through the Hartke?

Nice loyalty sticker

It sounds very good with the Hartke. I've had the cab longer than the 15 years I've had the head. Combined with my bass, it is quite bright sounding. I'd like to add another cab to the mix to get the full 4ohms. I'm thinking now an Avatar 2x10 to warm it up a little. As I mentioned with my thread yesterday, this rig with my BDI and passive backup bass sounded very sweet indeed!

• Members

I like my Hartke. I know.... they suck. I have the HA5500, tube pre at 5 ss at 2 the eq kinda looks like eyebrows, the low pass at about 12 the high pass at about 3 usually only get the master up to about 3. I run it though an Ampeg V4B cabinet. Man this thing is the best sounding rig I have ever owned. I really want a SVT. Some day... someday.

Ty

• Members

Originally posted by james on bass

It sounds very good with the Hartke. I've had the cab longer than the 15 years I've had the head. Combined with my bass, it is quite bright sounding. I'd like to add another cab to the mix to get the full 4ohms. I'm thinking now an Avatar 2x10 to warm it up a little. As I mentioned with my thread yesterday, this rig with my BDI and passive backup bass sounded very sweet indeed!

An Avatar 2x10 isn't going to warm it up at all. That cab has punch, but no real warmth I could hear.

Archived