George Harrison

fretless

• CMS Author

He did a great bass line in Taxman.

I have no 'favorite' Beatle. They all were/are incredible musicians. Imagine if they'd got their band together in less {censored}ed-up times; I wonder how things would have turned out....would they have stayed together longer, would they have had the same magic?

• Members

Originally posted by Craigv

He did a great bass line in Taxman.

I have no 'favorite' Beatle. They all were/are incredible musicians. Imagine if they'd got their band together in less {censored}ed-up times; I wonder how things would have turned out....would they have stayed together longer, would they have had the same magic?

I dunno. Some of the creativity was associated with the drugs like LSD from Revolover (Tomorrow Never Knows was the beginning) on to White Album. The drugs do have an impact, but I think the band tension had as much to do with it. I think they would have been SO MUCH different if they were at a different time in history.

I don't know for sure, but they seemed to be more into alcohol, pills, and psychedelics drug wise at that time, not much hard stuff, although I could be mistaken.

• CMS Author

Originally posted by degroove

I dunno. Some of the creativity was associated with the drugs like LSD from Revolover (Tomorrow Never Knows was the beginning) on to White Album. The drugs do have an impact, but I think the band tension had as much to do with it. I think they would have been SO MUCH different if they were at a different time in history.

I don't know for sure, but they seemed to be more into alcohol, pills, and psychedelics drug wise at that time, not much hard stuff, although I could be mistaken.

They were definitely at their best together....any of their solo work, even Macca's, was so far below what the Beatles did. I know Paul ahd a good time writing his "feelgood" Wings songs...there's some comment or other supposedly from him that Lennon didn't like any of that so they wrote very few "silly love songs", so that's what Paul did after they broke up.

Oh well, woulda shoulda coulda....the boys had of hell of a great run.

Archived