Stolen Gear Recovered!

Phantasm

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by picker13

Good news. There is a God and he is good!

People who steal musical gear are the lowest......

Yep. It's like stealing a carpenter's tools out of his truck or his shop. You're not just losing property. You're losing your livelihood.

• Members

Originally posted by bassgirl9

Awesome! That's great to hear.

I hate people who steal. It really grinds me.

So, let me get this straight. You are AGAINST stealing, but FOR zombies eating people ALIVE?!?!?!? You priorities are pretty screwed up, IMNSHO.

• Members

Originally posted by lug

So, let me get this straight. You are AGAINST stealing, but FOR zombies eating people ALIVE?!?!?!? You priorities are pretty screwed up, IMNSHO.

*zombie voice on*

Brains, must have brains!

*zombie voice off*

• Members

Originally posted by johnny6644

since there's no moron defense, maybe he's angling for the insanity plea

if his parents are as loaded as you say, $10 says he walks with probation

Sadly you might be right, but the Guitar Center is insisting that they will press charges.

The bands have also now found a lawywer who has agreed to work the case for pro bono.

• Members

Agree to the exchange, beat the {censored} out of him, and burn his parent's house down. Make sure you have a reliable alibi. Out of 10-15 people he's stolen from, the police won't know who to prosecute, and probably won't file.

• Members

Originally posted by tylytle

Tell him his loaded parents better buy everyone NEW gear NOW or he is going to jail! Turn it around on him.

He's deleted his myspace account. His girlfriend has changed her "quote" at the top next to her picture to "Just leave us the {censored} alone."

All the bands are trying to stay quiet until the police actually arrest him. Normally there would be a beating involved, but since they have a lawyer they're trying to wait it out and see if going by the book works.

• Members

Originally posted by Phantasm

He's deleted his myspace account. His girlfriend has changed her "quote" at the top next to her picture to "Just leave us the {censored} alone."

All the bands are trying to stay quiet until the police actually arrest him. Normally there would be a beating involved, but since they have a lawyer they're trying to wait it out and see if going by the book works.

Yeah, sounds like this guy is hanging himself, and it's documented! I'd let the legal process work for a while before taking any risky action.

• Members

There is very little reason to cut a deal with this idiot. I'll bet you $20.00 he doesn't have anything left, anyway. What he has sold to dopers has changed hands five times by now. The stuff at GC may be the only gear you ever see again. I think he needs a prison boyfriend...

Billy-B

• Members

Originally posted by bbl

Yeah, sounds like this guy is hanging himself, and it's documented! I'd let the legal process work for a while before taking any risky action.

It will, but afterwards you're right... this is the south and if we're playing by southern rules he still needs to be beaten within an inch of his life to teach him not to mess with another man's posessions again.

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get beaten at least once.

• Members

It will, but afterwards you're right... this is the south and if we're playing by southern rules he still needs to be beaten within an inch of his life to teach him not to mess with another man's posessions again.

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get beaten at least once.

*shrugs* I got a couple weeks off from the prison coming up soon, I hire out good old fashioned ass beatings for a reasonable price on a guy like that.

• Members

Update...

Saturday night, there was a gigantic show with one of the bands who had their gear stolen headlining. There were so many people that there were people waiting outside for room to get in. Needless to say, a lot of onstage commentary was used regarding this guy and it was a high-energy affair.

In the parking lot, a large group of drunk guys were planning a lynch mob basically to go find this kid. It was interesting listening to all of their plans. Since it was after midnight and technically easter, the prevailing thought was that he better pray the police find him before they go looking for him on Monday.

I guess he heard about it, because he pitched all the remaining gear into the bayou and went and turned himself in. The police are trying to recover the items he discarded, but now several thousand dollars of band equipment is ruined.

The bands that were affected by that aren't sure what to do as they don't have the money to absorb the loss.

I'd say that this kid just 115% ensured himself a major ass beating, as if he wasn't going to get one already. His parents are rich so he'll be out on bail in the next few days, and he'd better have eyes in the back of his head. I'm already hearing more rumblings in the direction of serious bodily injury.

• Members

I wouldn't go beating him... that just puts the ball in his court for charges, which he WILL press if he's as rich as you're making him out. You may be able to get some money out of him through a civil suit.

I'm not saying the kid doesn't DESERVE a beating, I'm saying that you shouldn't touch him, because that gives him ammo to use against you. If he's the only bad guy (which he is right now), then I'm betting it'll be easy to get money from his parents.

• Members

Update...

Saturday night, there was a gigantic show with one of the bands who had their gear stolen headlining. There were so many people that there were people waiting outside for room to get in. Needless to say, a lot of onstage commentary was used regarding this guy and it was a high-energy affair.

In the parking lot, a large group of drunk guys were planning a lynch mob basically to go find this kid. It was interesting listening to all of their plans. Since it was after midnight and technically easter, the prevailing thought was that he better pray the police find him before they go looking for him on Monday.

I guess he heard about it, because he pitched all the remaining gear into the bayou and went and turned himself in. The police are trying to recover the items he discarded, but now several thousand dollars of band equipment is ruined.

The bands that were affected by that aren't sure what to do as they don't have the money to absorb the loss.

I'd say that this kid just 115% ensured himself a major ass beating, as if he wasn't going to get one already. His parents are rich so he'll be out on bail in the next few days, and he'd better have eyes in the back of his head. I'm already hearing more rumblings in the direction of serious bodily injury.

That's beyond messed up. Sounds like he's got some real mental issues.

• Members

Update...

What??? Why not just return everything?? What an idiot!! Why trash perfectly good working gear?? Yeah, dude's got issues!!

• Members

Originally posted by Jonny Five

I wouldn't go beating him... that just puts the ball in his court for charges, which he WILL press if he's as rich as you're making him out. You may be able to get some money out of him through a civil suit.

Now that I reached 30, I agree with you. However, the guys he stole from are 17-23ish, some in death metal bands and are some pretty strapping young lads. They are trying to be patient for justice but if he ends up with probation/community service and no retribution, they will take payment out of his ass.

Archived