Anyone watching American Idol?

1tallbassguy

• Members

I admit I have watched it a couple times..

Anyone else watching it?

If Katherine McPhee don't win, there is somthing wrong.

She has a brilliant voice, good looks, and seems humble.

She is head and shoulders better than the rest IMO.

katharine.jpg

Kellie Pickler...........what a hottie!

....and a dumb blonde too!!

I predict Playboy will go after her.

kellie.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by 1tallbassguy

I admit I have watched it a couple times..

Anyone else watching it?

If Katherine McPhee don't win, there is somthing wrong.

She has a brilliant voice, good looks, and seems humble.

She is head and shoulders better than the rest IMO.

katharine.jpg

Kellie Pickler...........what a hottie!

....and a dumb blonde too!!

I predict Playboy will go after her.

kellie.jpg

I agree. Katherine is fantastic.

• Members

Originally posted by g.ghost

I tape it and watch it later. I can FF past the commercials and boring stuff....that way the show is done in 15 minutes !

I tried to watch it last night and for 30 minutes all I could catch was Rod Stewart...(puhlease), then they took 15 minutes to position some of the people on the stage...interspersedwith never-ending commercials....then it was over....didn't see one damn thing....

I can see the appeal but the way they produce it means I'll probably never watch it....

so much for me...I guess it's got very good ratings....

• Members

Originally posted by Thunderbroom

I totally agree. All the singers left are really good. My money is on either Katherine or Chris.

Katherine is my wife's fav. As much as I dig Chris, I don't think he's "pop" enough to win this show. I dunno...they're all so frikkin' good! I DO think Kelly could put out a top 10 pop country albun tomorrow.

• Members

I think that Elliot is kind of lame. He seems to pick the wrong song or sing it wrongly, something like that. Aside from him, I could see any one of them winning. My money's on Chris though, I think that he's the best of the bunch by far.

• Members

Originally posted by chris-dax

I tried to watch it last night and for 30 minutes all I could catch was Rod Stewart...(puhlease), then they took 15 minutes to position some of the people on the stage...interspersedwith never-ending commercials....then it was over....didn't see one damn thing....

I can see the appeal but the way they produce it means I'll probably never watch it....

so much for me...I guess it's got very good ratings....

They all sing on Tuesday, tally votes on Wednesday. Only the one voted off sings a fairwell at the end on Wednesday.

• Members

Originally posted by T. Alan Smith

I dunno...they're all so frikkin' good! I DO think Kelly could put out a top 10 pop country albun tomorrow.

This is the first season where they have a crop of contestants who can really sing. Now that they've dumped the weakest link, there's no one in the group who can't hold their own vocally.

Vocally, I think Kelly Pickler is the weakest of the lot right now. But she's cute in a trailer park sort of way and plays up the dumb blonde/country bumpkin angle. So people will probably keep her around for a while.

Emre

• Members

Originally posted by LanEvo

This is the first season where they have a crop of contestants who can really sing. Now that they've dumped the weakest link, there's no one in the group who can't hold their own vocally.

Vocally, I think Kelly Pickler is the weakest of the lot right now. But she's cute in a trailer park sort of way and plays up the dumb blonde/country bumpkin angle. So people will probably keep her around for a while.

Emre

The fact that she had by far the worst performance of the night, was panned by all three judges, and wasn't even in the bottom three supports this contention.

• Members

Originally posted by fastplant

I only watched the beginning of the season, but the bald dude was the only one that struck me as someone who could actually go far.

yeah, he could join my band if he wants.

either him or that chick from catfight

:D

• Members

Originally posted by fastplant

I only watched the beginning of the season, but the bald dude was the only one that struck me as someone who could actually go far.

Supposedly Fuel has already offered him the Lead Singer position in their band.

• Members

Originally posted by y-o-y

Speaking of American Idol, anyone know who the bass player/band leader for the house band is?

I'm pretty sure it's Rickey Minor. Bass player and band director for Whitney Houston IIRC.

Emre

• Members

Originally posted by lug

They all sing on Tuesday, tally votes on Wednesday. Only the one voted off sings a fairwell at the end on Wednesday.

Thanks Lug - I'll make an effort to tune in....I'm sure there is some good talent and entertainment to be had...maybe they'll actually get around to it on Tues....:)

Archived