How much do you make an hour?

RoboChrist

• Members

I'm just curious as to what kind of purchasing power we have here in this forum. Don't post your money details, just answer he poll..

...however, I would like to know some other details such as where you live, where in your house do you sleep, where you keep your valuables (credit cards, jewellry, car keys etc.) just for comparative purposes.

• Members

Originally posted by L-1329

If I divided my salary out, by as many hours away that I am for work, I think I'd cry...
:(

Ah, there's nothing like working on salary!

One of the superintendants that I work with figured up her salary VS her hours. IIRC, it came out to about $3.29 an hour.

• Members

Originally posted by Onkel Bob

Is $17 a good wage in America? I mean I make less but I go to school. I could easily make $17 an hour as an unskilled labourer.

In the Midwest, that would be an excellent wage. Probably average for the coasts.

• Members

Originally posted by Onkel Bob

Is $17 a good wage in America? I mean I make less but I go to school. I could easily make $17 an hour as an unskilled labourer.

Well, at 40 hr/week that's about $32,600. Not poverty by any means but not really very much either. Would be VERY hard to save anything on that salary, at least in this area.

• Members

A whopping $13.10 per hour. But....I make about $40,000 a year, do the math and you will see that I tend to be a workaholic. It pays for my house, car, motorcycle, bass and guitar, etc. Filed a second on the house today, so the car is paid for, as are the motorcycle and guitars. Cost me an extra $259 a month, but no cc's and the car is all mine. greenz1 Overworked and very underpaid!

• Members

Annual teacher salary: @ $45,000

Annual Guard pay: @ $12,000

So, my part-time Guard job (one weekend a month, 15 days AT for 39 days per annum) is about 25% of my teacher pay for a 202-day contract.

I made a lot more in Iraq, but nobody is trying to kill me in my classroom, so I'll keep the day gig. :D

• Members

I'm on salary, so I don't really work "by the hour", but even if I don't count vacation and use the 80 hrs / week I've averaged at times, let's just say I'm a tad off the end of that scale.

I sold my soul to the corporate machine, but at least I sold high. Actually got a big (and probably my last) promotion last week.

• Members

i just joined the full time work force... but for the previous 4 years before that i made $13.00/hr working 30+ hrs a week part time, now im above $17.00/hr and working 45 hrs a week. But i still live at home, so it works out that i can save alot more to buy a house sooner, since i dont have to pay rent...

but i do have car payments and etc...

the sad part... i turned down the opportunity to get a $38.00/hr job today becuase it was only for 18 months and had no benefits... my current position, although paying less has alot more benefits including health insurance and dental and etc

• Members

Originally posted by bassplayinguy

i just joined the full time work force... but for the previous 4 years before that i made $13.00/hr working 30+ hrs a week part time, now im above $17.00/hr and working 45 hrs a week. But i still live at home, so it works out that i can save alot more to buy a house sooner, since i dont have to pay rent...

but i do have car payments and etc...

the sad part... i turned down the opportunity to get a $38.00/hr job today becuase it was only for 18 months and had no benefits... my current position, although paying less has alot more benefits including health insurance and dental and etc

You can buy your own insurance for about $300 a month or so. I'd take the higher paying job.

That's the difference between $42k a year (with the 5 hours a week OT) and $79k a year. If you pay out even $5k for good mdical and dental you're still ahead $32k a year.

• Members

Originally posted by Jugghaid

You can buy your own insurance for about $300 a month or so. I'd take the higher paying job.

That's the difference between $42k a year (with the 5 hours a week OT) and $79k a year. If you pay out even $5k for good mdical and dental you're still ahead $32k a year.

Jugghaid! Where's my Sentinel? I want it fretless w/o lines:D

Dan

Archived