GAS : just found love...

turcmic

• Members

please help me... I tried the MM Sterling HH and the Stingray HH today and fell in love with both of them but can't afford a threesome. Of course, I didn't say anything to my bass (6-string handmade by Montreal's famous Lutherie MF).

Which one should I get? (pros and cons from MM lovers would be greatly appreciated)

I play rock and funk and taught it would be a good idea to buy a 4-stringer to start slapping again.

thanks!

• Members

Originally posted by Derek5272

*Looks at the Stingrays and cries* Hope you're happy.

I'd go for the Stingrays. I love them. Unfortunately, I'm about to become a poor, starving college student, so I can't afford one. One day!!!

derek?

your spelling and grammar have improved

• Members

i have progressed from multi to single pup basses..

so the 'ray is the one for me...i only played one in music shop for a bout a half hour but loved the neck and response

i can 'concentrate' more easily on getting the most out of one pup and two although two pups seem do be de rigueur nowadays sonically i feel they could be at odds..exception..the jazz bass...but imho a ray is a jazz bass with the pups blended together into one pup in the most useful position..

:)

• Members

I read a lot of posts related to this issue : chosing between Sterling and Stingray. I liked both necks even if both are very different. I'll have to adapt anyway (I play a 6-string).

I was wondering if there was any major difference between the tones. It wasn't that obvious when I tried the basses. The 2-pup configuration seems to give you lots of possibilities for any kind of playing situation. Weight is not a factor (I'm 6'2" 210 pds... in fact, only my body weight is a factor but that's another issue :rolleyes: )

I'll post a pic of my MF basses later today.

Thanks

• Members

Originally posted by turcmic

I was wondering if there was any major difference between the tones.

I would think the electronics would probably be the same (for 'Rays and Sterlings) in the dual-pickup models, so I wouldn't think you'd notice much if any difference.

I'd think you'd prefer the more chunky 'Ray neck since you're used to playing 6-string.

Archived