New Bass Pics

Robear22

• Members

Well I have been moving some of my old gear as some of you may have seen in the classifieds. And I think I am settled for a while with what I have. I am looking to purchase one more bass though and that will be in a couple of weeks.

I picked up an MTD Heir 5 string active from a guy on Talkbass last week and got rid of my KSD. I am loving the modern tone this bass is giving me. The closest I am gonna get to a real MTD for a while now. Then I picked up a Tune TWB63 with the Ovangkol top. I am happy for now until GAS strikes and I want soemthing else. I got rid of my last Tune and regretted it so I picked up another and I think I am gonna keep this one. Plus I love natural finishes anyway.

I will post reviews of these two after I put them throught the paces. I have to play Sunday and I have some other gigs coming up this month so they will get plenty of work.

Here they are

DSCI0059.jpg

DSCI0054.jpg

Here is a shot of the top

DSCI0055.jpg

DSCI0057.jpg

DSCI0056.jpg

DSCI0058.jpg

• Members

Thanks fellas.

Mini-review:

Just got through playing them this morning and I am loving them. Both have excellent construction. The Korean made basses are really improving. The MTD has the modern tone in spades but pulling something vintage tone out of it is a task. You have to work the EQ. The Tune is a bit more versatile tone wise and I think the mahogany body is helping with the warmth. This bass is a lot warmer than the Tune TWX-6 I had. It still can bring the sizzle with playing with the EQ but the mids are really present when you turn them up. On the MTD they are really nonexsistent. You turn the knob up but you only hear a subtle change in tone.

I am gonna post more pics and take them outside since it is a nice sunny day.

• Members

Well I got a chance to play them today in a band setting and I am truly in love. I was considring getting a Cort GB75A next but I don't think I will need it. These two basses cover exactly what I need but each has it's own unique voice.The MTD is a slap machine. Nice hi-fi tone and clarity makes me long for a USA MTD someday. The Tune is versatile also as I played some tasty finger funk and groove on one number then slapped a little on the breakdown. My GAS has been quenched for now. I will post an in depth review in a week after I work them over some more. I played them through a Kustom GB1200 into an Avatar 212. I want to try them through my Yamaha BBT500H and Avatar 210/112 setup. That MTD is gonna sing through that Yamaha.:D

• Members

I will bring that also. It should be fun. I went to a Talkbass GTG and it was a lot of fun. Got to play a MTD, a Roscoe, and some nice Laklands. It is always nice to meet and greet with other players of the low end.

Archived