Basslines to whack off to

rastafarian_nz

• Members

What basslines in any song just make you want to say, "Damn, if that that bassline took physical form, I would hit it 13 ways from Black Friday." ???

Mine at the mo is that stupidly sick line from "The Pot" by Tool, in the first verse where only the bass and drums are playing. Big, BIG wood.

• Members

Whereas I love to butcher complicated stuff just for the hell of it-- its the simple, yet melodic lines that always make me go "oooh, that was nice" ( like I'm staring at a basketball shaped-ass)

Examples would be:

My City Is Gone - Pretenders

Shining Star - Earth, Wind, and Fire

Save A Prayer - Duran Duran

-- actually most John Taylor basslines

Rufio basslines

Chris 2/ Anti-Flag basslines

Be Near Me - ABC (end fretless solo)

most Pino Palladino fretless basslines

early Bootsy basslines

Most AWB basslines

R.E.M./ Mike Mills basslines from Chronic Town, Murmer, Reckoning, and Fables

most of the smpler, melodic Rush basslines (of course)

Chic/ Bernard Edwards basslines

a bulk of late 70s funk basslines

John Deacon basslines

• Members

The electronic bass stuff from bands like Juno Reactor, & Future Music of London. Along with bass stuff by assorted Thrash to Death metal Bands when it also has a slow undulating current going with the real fast. Is more a how whole mix with its bass content in mix sounds rather then just the low freq's parts. Lol.

• Members

Originally posted by rastafarian_nz

Mine at the mo is that stupidly sick line from "The Pot" by Tool, in the first verse where only the bass and drums are playing. Big, BIG wood.

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. {censored}ing hardcore. Which one, though, the intro line with the hand percussion? Man, that {censored} is hot.

And people wonder why I make all these Justin Chancellor threads. :rolleyes:

Archived