OT: Steve Irwin has died...

ToeJamFootball

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Benjamin

Okay, do you take back your old refrigerators like Germany does?
:p

My point was that he found a market in the US (worldwide for that matter) that obviously existed, with a routine as extravagant as any US icon, and the general populus lapped it up while learning something.

Believe it or not us Aussies often believed he was taking a very outlandish, showman-like (arguably American) approach to it all, and WTFN?

If we all come out of it enlightened then that can only be a good thing. Nowhere in there did I say that US of A were a bunch of dip{censored}s

How did we go from animals to refrigerators? If you can't stay on topic, then at least remember your own posts.

You didn't say we are dip{censored}s but you took a thread about a good person and used it to take a dig at the US implying that we need education on issues that we are very, very aware of. IMO that's tasteless and makes you a dipstick.

• Members

This may seem odd, but everyone in my school was talking about this all day! It sucks. I feel sorry for his wife, kids but esecially his daughter who appreard in shows with him.

He died doing what he loved however. That is surely the best way to go.

"Mon the crocs"

• Members

I have to admit that I found the guy entertaining; however, as a parent, the stunt he pulled on his show whereby he was feeding a croc while holding his child still rubs me the wrong way. When he was interviewed about it later he said that he was always in control of the situation, but can one really be in control? Roy (of Sigfried & Roy fame) thought he was in control as well.

It's always sad when a parent leaves young children behind.

:(

• Members

Originally posted by Thunderbroom

I have to admit that I found the guy entertaining; however, as a parent, the stunt he pulled on his show whereby he was feeding a croc while holding his child still rubs me the wrong way. When he was interviewed about it later he said that he was always in control of the situation, but can one really be in control? Roy (of Sigfried & Roy fame) thought he was in control as well.

It's always sad when a parent leaves young children behind.

:(

R.I.P. Steve Irwin :(

I knew that someone here, instead of simply saying some kinds words about a seemingly kind, gentle soul, would spend less words on praising the man and more words on one, short incident, that in the overall scope, of things...

DOESN'T FREAKIN' MATTER!!!

Way to go, T-Broom. :thu:

• Members

Poor guy.... I played a few gigs in Tropical Queensland recently and almost stepped on a stingray, their camoflage is pretty good!

He died from it though because the stingray punctured his chest, prob got poison in his blood stream... Be a bad way to go

R.I.P

• Members

Originally posted by bassplayer7770

Didn't it puncture his heart and cause him to go into cardiac arrest?

I believe he bled out after he removed the stinger (less than a minute to die). You aren't supposed to remove the object from a chest puncture, but in this case I don't think it would've made any difference. Most people don't get stung in the heart.

• Members

Originally posted by Thunderbroom

I was pretty astounded by that little stunt too. I can't think of a more graphic example of Irwin's over-confidence and complete lack of rescpect for the power of the creatures he was messing with. He was in a crocodile pen with food in one hand and a baby in the other. You think a crocodile is capable of the mental reasoning required to understand that he's supposed to eat one and not the other? You think a croc cares? I know a lot of people liked Steve Irwin, but I'm sorry, I think the guy was a complete fool.

Archived