speddling is dead

James Hart

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by James Hart

:thu:Bee20060903_001.jpg

You're piquing my interest in a Bee 7. I wish they had dealers so I could hit a place like Bass Exchange and try one out first.

Benavente's still the front runner for a 7, though. Of course at the rate I'm going, it'll be years before I can buy one :(

• Members
Originally posted by niomosy

You're piquing my interest in a Bee 7. I wish they had dealers so I could hit a place like Bass Exchange and try one out first.

Benavente's still the front runner for a 7, though. Of course at the rate I'm going, it'll be years before I can buy one
:(

Tough call! When I'm not playing... I can't wait to pick up the Bee, but then when I grab the fretless Benavente... it's like I've come home.

Next year when I get to building my "Warwick Toned" fretless 6 (Bubinga, Wenge & Butternut) I'm 99% sure I'm gonna have Fred build me a Thunder Bee.

Like this one Stew is playing (It's owned by Mark from Accugroove) but with the 2 slim soapbars angled slightly and in the bridge position.

db_A_NEW_ONE_-_Stew13.jpg

Perfessor: :thu: built the house on stilts (Actually I'm in Manchester Twp. but the mailing address says Toms River)

• Members
Originally posted by James Hart

Tough call! When I'm not playing... I can't wait to pick up the Bee, but then when I grab the fretless Benavente... it's like I've come home.

Next year when I get to building my "Warwick Toned" fretless 6 (Bubinga, Wenge & Butternut) I'm 99% sure I'm gonna have Fred build me a Thunder Bee.

Like this one Stew is playing (It's owned by Mark from Accugroove) but with the 2 slim soapbars angled slightly and in the bridge position.

db_A_NEW_ONE_-_Stew13.jpg

It's a tougher decision than that, before I really started considering Bee again, thanks to when you posted your damned nice Bee 7, it was a 2-man race between Benavente and Ken Lawrence. I've been lucky enough to play basses from both of them.

Alas, I'm probably not looking at any gear other than a mic and an Mbox-2 or similar for quite a while. Gotta save for a new car. I've got a small bit of money to play with but I've been letting it go to bills and my car since it's expensive whenever it needs fixing.

Plus, I can't decide on if I want the 7-string or a silver metal flake BC Rich Mockingbird - aka the Discobird :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by niomosy

Plus, I can't decide on if I want the 7-string or a silver metal flake BC Rich Mockingbird - aka the Discobird
:cool:

I GASed for years over a Purple neck thru Mockingbird in a store near Morristown NJ. They wanted $1100 for it and if it was under $750 I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Archived