OT: Response to Jazz Ad

Ace Of Bass

• Members

This is completely irrelevent, but the thread disappeared as I was typing this, and considering the time I could have spent doing something productive like homework or playing bass, it seems silly not to post it anyway.

Originally posted by Jazz Ad

It doesn't even get this low in my favourite bar.

...that's probably why it's your favorite. I mean, is anyone's favorite bar the one where the drunken assholes lare puking cheep beer on prostitutes? No. Sure, it's fun to go to those bars, but your favourites are the ones where you go in and they greet you by name and you can order "the usual"--not because they don't sell anything except budweiser--but because the people are nice enough to remember that you're the hot chick who always orders Disaronno on the rocks. And as you sit back with your drink, you discuss the events of your family and business with the like-minded collegues who offer their support and perspectives between sips of their own favourite cocktails. When you've finished your drinks, the bartender fills them up automatically, because he knows how many you like to down before you take the subway home. And as he's filling up your glasses, one of your friends annouces that the next round of drinks is on him, and you, in response, propose a toast to him, and congratulate him on his promotion. After another hour or so, when you've shared all the talk that you can for the day, and had enough to drink to take the edge off the drab wretched office life you'd just escaped, you head home to light up the fireplace in the living room in time for your spouse to arrive to a warm, romantic atmosphere. As you wait for the spouse's arrival, you contemplate that the events of the afternoon have been much like those of the last 4 days--the highlight of each of them being those precious moments in your favourite bar, sipping those Disaronnos while socializing with friends. Now it's Friday, and tommorrow, you know you won't be able to go to that bar. Your brother is spending the weekend with you, and you've got a big fishing trip planned. After the fishing trip, you'll go to a bar, but it won't be your bar. Nope, you're looking forward to an evening of getting wasted with your brother. This time, it's gotta be that dirty old place down on 47th street with the all-weekend-long-happy hour where they'll not only bring extra-large pitchers to the table, but they'll also bring kegs. And yes, it's not uncommon to see people doing keg stands right at the table. But it doesn't matter because nobody in that bar is going to remember a thing the next morning. You'll have fun alright--it's be a blast--but during that hangover on Sunday morning, you'll remember why your favorite bar is still your favorite.

• Members

Originally posted by Thunderbroom

AoB,

I didn't read your post but did go and read the thread you're referring too.

JazzAd was absolutely right for removing that thread. If I had seen it, I would have done the same thing.

What are you guys thinking?

:freak:

+1

A little class never killed anyone.

• Members

Man, why do all the controversial/banned/deleted/locked threads disappear before I get a chance to see 'em?! I like a little gossip every now and again. Guess that means the mods are doing their jobs though...

Cripes.

:mad:

• Members

I wasn't disagreeing with him!

I agree with him--though that may not have come through in my post. My point was only that comparing something to the "worst of your favorite" doesn't really serve well as a similie. Had he said something like, "the local bar isn't as bad as this", it would have been a good similie. Or, if he'd said, "this is the discussion of my my most hated bar", that would have been a great metaphor. But, to say, "My favorite thing that isn't HCBF doesn't talk about this stuff" doesn't have as much impact.

And, given how long it took me to type that whole damn thing when I have a huge amount of other work to do, I figured I should post it anyway, despite it's severe lack of relevencey.

....And then, seeing as I still have a huge amount of work to do, I then decided to post another 5 minute response detailing an explaination as to why it was relevent in the first place.

• Members

Originally posted by RyCLB

Man, why do all the controversial/banned/deleted/locked threads disappear before I get a chance to see 'em?! I like a little gossip every now and again. Guess that means the mods are doing their jobs though...

Cripes.

:mad:

Word. Just means you aren't spending enough time here! Lunch hour? Screw it. You should be glued to HCBF... ;)

• Members

Originally posted by RockStarBassist

Word. Just means you aren't spending enough time here! Lunch hour? Screw it. You should be glued to HCBF...
;)

Naw dude, I'm on here all damn day, and then I get up for 10 minutes, and by the time I get back, some thread has started and already been deleted. Just my luck. :mad:

Archived