Kerry Clip: Wow!

Thunderbroom

• Moderators
Originally posted by Armchair Bronco

I just read the following ironic "Dear John" open letter to Senator John Kerry on "The Weekly Standard". Good stuff.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/012/888glctv.asp

This is my personal favorite from the article . . . . .
Everyone knows how hard you work for your money, how much you deserve it, and how hard to must be to find not one, but two women with quite so much dough. (If you were only a woman, people would see your story as the fairy tale it is.)
:D
OK. . . .now I'm really leaving this thread.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Armchair Bronco

Meanwhile, anyone critical of John Kerry is attacked by the Left and accused of kicking a dead horse; mind you, these are the same folks who wouldn't let go of the Foley scandal (which involved a single congressman who has since resigned) and who persist in attacking Rush Limbaugh for raising questions about Michael J. Fox sincerity.

The Foley business is about cover-up & hypocracy. The resignation was a given. ;)

Oh my God, you're concerned about people attacking poor Rush Limbaugh? Do you actually place credibility in his bull{censored}?

Wow. :eek:

I would humbly suggest you vary your sources of information....assimilate, digest, and attempt to form an opinion that isn't spoon fed to you by some shill.

You want to talk about war? A war is something that can be won. There is a defined enemy. There is a definitive end to it. Madness is calling something a war that is an endless occupation. Madness is doing the same thing over & over and expecting different results.

• Members
Originally posted by bnyswonger

The Foley business is about cover-up & hypocracy. The resignation was a given.
;)

Oh my God, you're concerned about people attacking poor Rush Limbaugh? Do you actually place credibility in his bull{censored}?

Wow.
:eek:

Well, honestly Bob there isn't a whole lot of difference between the media raking Limbaugh over the coals and Kerry getting raked over the coals for his comments. Very similar situation in fact.

• Members
Originally posted by lug

Try to find even an estimate about how many suspected terrorists have been captured or killed in Iraq from our media. I have found exactly 1 from the military, that's it. Good luck.

Aw yeah, whaddaya readin', Newsmax? Fox News? Huh?
Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?

• Members

Originally posted by takeout

And I'm sure these were perfectly fair and balanced news sources. Newsmax? World Net Daily? Drudge?

Bush is the best recruiting tool that terrorism has ever known. They'll mourn the end of his term.

All one has to do is listen to the talking points.

Talking points of terrorists = talking points of radical left/dems.

They are one and the same and it's everywhere if you just open your ears and eyes.

• Members
Originally posted by hawkhuff

All one has to do is listen to the talking points.

Talking points of terrorists = talking points of radical left/dems.

They are one and the same and it's everywhere if you just open your ears and eyes.

To the "right" sources, that is.

• Members
Originally posted by takeout

Any more or less so than Zarqawi?

Regardless of al Qaeda's organizational structure, he's the figurehead. People carry pictures of him. It's almost like worship (ironic, given Islam's proscriptions against that sort of thing). It wouldn't just be the killing or capturing of him; it'd be the
leaving
once we'd done it. Make that "Mission Accomplished" banner actually mean something this time. bin Laden has stated that al Qaeda hates America's presence in the Middle East and its support of Israel. If we capture him and then leave, we just eliminated one of their arguments.

The "leaving after he's dead" I'll buy as a valid course of action, you didn't say that before though :D

Just killing him would create nothing so much as a glorified martyr...People through out the world still say prayers to and carry pictures of Martyrs who died at the hands of the Romans 1800 years ago...Don't underestimate the immortality of an idea...

I'd be interested to know how often U.S. forces encounter hardened former
mujahedin
who've taken their own lives in the face of imminent defeat. For some reason, I don't see OBL having that much honor. I have nothing to base this on, of course...

Like Juggs said, he strikes me as nothing more than a fanatic...He's already slowly dying of kidney failure, I can't see him surrendering to spare a few last years. He understands what he is now, and what he could become falling before the enemy...

• Members
Originally posted by King Kashue

The "leaving after he's dead" I'll buy as a valid course of action, you didn't say that before though

Just killing him would create nothing so much as a glorified martyr...People through out the world still say prayers to and carry pictures of Martyrs who died at the hands of the Romans 1800 years ago...Don't underestimate the immortality of an idea...

Like Juggs said, he strikes me as nothing more than a fanatic...He's already slowly dying of kidney failure, I can't see him surrendering to spare a few last years. He understands what he is now, and what he could become falling before the enemy...

Yup. And never ever underestimate the dedication of a fanatic. You'll lose every time.

• Members

Ok..... I am gonna get slammed for this one, but I don't see what he said that was so wrong.

YES, the US Military is full of bright, capable young lads who are educated and motivated, but a lot of the gentlemen over there are people who had no shot at college, and were borderline criminals, and that is the way the military has been for years!

When my father joined, right before WWII, he was given a choice: Quit hanong with your hoodlum friends and join the Army, or go to jail with them.

Many of his friends were given similar, but more extreme offers, if you know what I mean.

If you study hard, and try to go to college, but can't afford it, the military is a wonderful option, but let's be real here: How many people in the current, draft- free, volunteer military are there because they had nowhere else to go but prison?

I bet a lot more than you think.

• Members
Originally posted by bassgeek

Ok..... I am gonna get slammed for this one, but I don't see what he said that was so wrong.

YES, the US Military is full of bright, capable young lads who are educated and motivated, but a lot of the gentlemen over there are people who had no shot at college, and were borderline criminals, and that is the way the military has been for years!

When my father joined, right before WWII, he was given a choice: Quit hanong with your hoodlum friends and join the Army, or go to jail with them.

Many of his friends were given similar, but more extreme offers, if you know what I mean.

If you study hard, and try to go to college, but can't afford it, the military is a wonderful option, but let's be real here: How many people in the current, draft- free, volunteer military are there because they had nowhere else to go but prison?

I bet a lot more than you think.

[rant]

Consider yourself slammed. :D

I just retired after 26 years in the Army, active duty and Army Guard, enlisted and officer. I grew up in the volunteer Army. We do have some 'go to war or go to jail' troops, but in my experience it's impossible to generalize them.

They join up for the college money, the job training, a steady paycheck to support a young family.

They join up out of a sense of obligation, duty, curiousity, to get out of a dead-end rut.

The one common bond is they volunteered to take on a burden most Americans shun. In Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq and other garden spots I've seen young American troops perform daily acts of courage, common sense, good judgement and outright good soldiering.

They leave me with a deep sense of gratitude and respect for what the average American can achieve when called upon to rise to the occasion.

[/rant]

• Members
Originally posted by Thumper

[rant]

Consider yourself slammed.

I just retired after 26 years in the Army, active duty and Army Guard, enlisted and officer. I grew up in the volunteer Army. We do have some 'go to war or go to jail' troops, but in my experience it's impossible to generalize them.

They join up for the college money, the job training, a steady paycheck to support a young family.

They join up out of a sense of obligation, duty, curiousity, to get out of a dead-end rut.

The one common bond is they volunteered to take on a burden most Americans shun. In Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq and other garden spots I've seen young American troops perform daily acts of courage, common sense, good judgement and outright good soldiering.

They leave me with a deep sense of gratitude and respect for what the average American can achieve when called upon to rise to the occasion.

[/rant]

While I agree with you, it still, to me, doesn't mean Kerry was wrong.

• Members

I spent 9 years in the Navy. I never knew anyone that was there because they were threatened with prison. I guess there could have been some folks, but they never disclosed this and I knew a crapload of folks in 9 years.

• Members

And I agree with you.

So there.

:p

I think the point Mr. Kerry was trying to make was 'if you lack education, you run the risk of making bad decisions.' And I agree with the sentiment. I think he could have done a far better job of conveying the message, rather than couching it in a poorly timed, poorly phrased failure of a joke.

Which goes to prove that, even with the benefits of an excellent education, you can still make an ass of yourself.

Archived