Kerry Clip: Wow!

Thunderbroom

• Members

Originally posted by ThudMaker

Spoken like a true lib.
:p

More like "spoken like a fan of malapropisms". "Is our children learning" is a hell of a lot funnier than "Study or you'll end up in Iraq".

At least Bush has a career in stand-up waiting for him when his term comes up.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Emprov

President Bush's 2004 presidential rival -- who explained Tuesday that his comments were a "botched joke" targeting Bush --

You gotta love it. Kerry sticks both feet in his stupid mouth and tries to blame Bush. :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by takeout

More like "spoken like a fan of malapropisms". "Is our children learning" is a hell of a lot funnier than "Study or you'll end up in Iraq".

At least Bush has a career in stand-up waiting for him when his term comes up.

John Kerry is the plague.....he has done so much more for Republicans with this one quote than Karl Rove could have asked for in his wildest dreams...

If there was ever any truth to reports about dissatisfied Republicans staying home on election day, there is none now....

Additionally, voters who might be referred to as "moderate, center left" and would normally vote a Democratic ticket must now make a clear choice....Democrat or national security....

Kerry was the '04 Democratic nominee for president....he is the face of the party....and with his statement, he made it crystal clear that the Democratic party can not be trusted with this responsibility of federal government, ie national security in a time of war.

People look at Kerry and see Pelosi, Schumer, Dean, Rangle, Franks.....and realize these leaders of the Dem party, like Kerry, despise the military (remember it was just a few brief months ago that Kerry was accusing US troops in Iraq of breaking down doors in the middle of the night and terrorizing Iraqi civilians....) and have no clue as to what the real nature of our enemy in this war is.

Kerry has handed the Republicans a huge gift on a silver platter....how intelligent is that...?

• Members

Iowa candidate asks Kerry to cancel campaign visit

DES MOINES, Iowa A Democratic Congressional candidate from Iowa is canceling a campaign event later this week with Senator John Kerry.

Brucy Braley says Kerry's recent comments about the Iraq war were inappropriate.

• Members

Dems Join GOP Seeking Kerry Apology
Nov 01 11:55 AM US/Eastern

By JENNIFER LOVEN
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON
A few Democratic candidates joined Republicans Wednesday in pressing John Kerry to apologize for a comment critics said appeared disrespectful of U.S. troops as several Kerry campaign appearances were canceled.
"Whatever the intent, Senator Kerry was wrong to say what he said," said Democratic Rep. Harold Ford Jr., running for Senate in Tennessee.

"Sen. Kerry's remarks were poorly worded and just plain stupid," said Montana Senate President Jon Tester, a Democrat trying to unseat GOP Sen. Conrad Burns. "He owes our troops and their families an apology."

"I'm sorry he did what he did. But I think the issue ... we want to make sure it doesn't confuse the subject of the war in Iraq," Democratic Rep. Ben Cardin, running for Senate in Maryland, said on CNN.

A spokesman for Democratic congressional candidate Bruce Braley in Iowa said Braley had decided independently to cancel an event with Kerry scheduled for Thursday.

Meredith Salsbery, a spokeswoman for congressional candidate Tim Walz, said Kerry made the final decision but acknowledged campaign officials were worried that the controversy would distract from his effort to unseat incumbent Republican Rep. Gil Gutknecht.

Kerry spokesman David Wade confirmed he no longer would appear at a Philadelphia rally on Wednesday for Democratic gubernatorial candidate Bob Casey.

Sen. John McCain said Wednesday he wasn't sure "how you could construe" Kerry's comment as a joke.

"As it stands, he owes an apology to the men and women who are serving in Iraq out of patriotism and love of country, not because of any academic deficiencies," McCain said on ABC's "Good Morning America."

• Members

Originally posted by chris-dax

People look at Kerry and see Pelosi, Schumer, Dean, Rangle, Franks.....and realize these leaders of the Dem party, like Kerry, despise the military...

And if you pay attention and listen very carefully, every now and then you'll hear one of them slip up and actually say so.

• Members

John Kerry is the plague.....he has done so much more for Republicans with this one quote than Karl Rove could have asked for in his wildest dreams...

If there was ever any truth to reports about dissatisfied Republicans staying home on election day, there is none now....

Additionally, voters who might be referred to as "moderate, center left" and would normally vote a Democratic ticket must now make a clear choice....Democrat or national security....

Kerry was the '04 Democratic nominee for president....he is the face of the party....and with his statement, he made it crystal clear that the Democratic party can not be trusted with this responsibility of federal government, ie national security in a time of war.

People look at Kerry and see Pelosi, Schumer, Dean, Rangle, Franks.....and realize these leaders of the Dem party, like Kerry, despise the military (remember it was just a few brief months ago that Kerry was accusing US troops in Iraq of breaking down doors in the middle of the night and terrorizing Iraqi civilians....) and have no clue as to what the real nature of our enemy in this war is.

Kerry has handed the Republicans a huge gift on a silver platter....how intelligent is that...?

I agree that Kerry wrapped up a big ol' Election Day present with a pretty bow and handed it to the RNC. Democrats could've simply kept their mouths shut for the next six days and rejoiced... but when was a politician ever able to keep his/her mouth shut?

Your comment on Democrats and Kerry despising the military are hilarious though. Needlessly feeding kids into a meat grinder for nothing is way more despicable than an ill-considered remark at the podium. As for Kerry's "accusations", some members of the military have already been convicted of exactly that, with more courts-martial on the way.

More people have died in swimming pools deaths since 9/11 than actually died on 9/11, yet we've spent over $150 million per 9/11 victim in the War on Terror. Who is it that's misunderstanding the issue again?

• Members

Originally posted by Mudbass

And if you pay attention and listen very carefully, every now and then you'll hear one of them slip up and actually say so.

Which is precisely why this is so damaging to the Dems....they can't, no matter how hard Chris Matthews and Katie Couric try, make this anything other than what it is....the leader of the Democratic party expressing the party line.....ouch

• Members

Originally posted by takeout

Your comment on Democrats and Kerry despising the military are hilarious though.

You might find it so....but the emperor has no clothes....

I'm not saying all people who self describe as Democrat despise the military....

I'm saying the vast majority of the leadership of the Democratic party do.....

If you deny this, you need a reality check.....

• Members

Which is precisely why this is so damaging to the Dems....they can't, no matter how hard Chris Matthews and Katie Couric try, make this anything other than what it is....the leader of the Democratic party expressing the party line.....ouch

Uhmmm, Dean's the head of the party.

• Members

You might find it so....but the emperor has no clothes....

I'm not saying all people who self describe as Democrat despise the military....

I'm saying the vast majority of the leadership of the Democratic party do.....

If you deny this, you need a reality check.....

At least as many Democrats in Congress and the Senate have served in the Armed Forces as Republicans, if not more. Including Kerry.

Further, the popular line is to blame Clinton for the military budget cuts of Bush I/Cheney.

Party of Personal Responsibility?

• Members

Kerry drives me nuts. I don't understand how you can be a career politician and constantly get stuck with your foot in your mouth.

The initial comment is certainly in bad taste, whether or not it was intentional. The thing that really bugs me his how lame is his response to the controversy is. He has plenty of time to prepare a good response.

I agree that he shouldn't apologize. Every time the right tries to attack the left for being unpatriotic and not supporting the troops, the right should turn those charges right back in their faces. Kerry could say "I don't want anybody to be stuck in Iraq, and I want all of the troops there to come home safely. It's a disgrace that we're asking them to risk there lives in a mission with no tangible goals, and under incompetent leadership. Anyone who truelly supports the troops should be demanding an immediate replacement of the Secretary of Defense and a clear plan for ending our occupation of Iraq. Patriotism demands no less than that."

One reason the left always looks so weak is they respond so weakly to direct attacks on their patriotism. They need to show that they won't simply take charges like that laying down.

• Members

Originally posted by Emprov

Uhmmm, Dean's the head of the party.

No he's not...He's the chairman of the DNC...

Kenneth B. Mehlman is the chairman of the RNC, would you call him the head of the Republican Party? Ed Gillespie was the chairman before him, was he the leader of the Republican Party?

Dating back to 1989, here are the former Chairmen of the DNC...

Ron Brown (1989-1993)

David Wilhelm (1993-1994)

Debra DeLee (1994-1995)

Donald Fowler (1995-1997)

Christopher J. Dodd (1995-1997)

Steven Grossman (1997-1999)

Joseph Andrew (1999-2001)

Roy Romer (1999)

Edward G. Rendell (1999-2001)

Terrence R. McAuliffe (2001-2005)

Raise your hand if you'd even heard of those guys, much less would have described them as "head of the Democratic Party" during that time...

• Members

I guess we'll see come election day. I think it's become pretty apparant to most Americans that one party rule isn't really the greatest thing for the country.

• Members

Originally posted by SunRaFan

Kerry drives me nuts. I don't understand how you can be a career politician and constantly get stuck with your foot in your mouth.

Well, I think the "career politician' phase of his life is done now. Even though the news media maybe rallying around him, his fellow Dems are putting as much distance between themselves and Kerry as possible. I didn't know hybrids could burn rubber like that.

Archived