Army of Anyone's new CD

Phantasm

• Members

I've been waiting for a while to get this one, and today it came out. I picked it up at Best Buy for $6.99.

For those that haven't heard of Army of Anyone yet, it's Richard Patrick from Filter on vocals, Robert and Dean DeLeo from STP on guitar and bass, and Ray Luzier from the DLR band on drums.

It's definately a very solid first album. Sure, you can pick out the "filter parts" and the "STP parts" but you can't fault guys for writing like they write. It works out pretty darn good in my opinion, a lot better than that mess that Velvet Revolver put out.

Hopefully others enjoy the disc and the next one will be even better. Oh, and there's some cool bass stuff going on too, check it out!

• Members

Originally posted by Phantasm

I've been waiting for a while to get this one, and today it came out. I picked it up at Best Buy for $6.99.

For those that haven't heard of Army of Anyone yet, it's Richard Patrick from Filter on vocals, Robert and Dean DeLeo from STP on guitar and bass, and Ray Luzier from the DLR band on drums.

It's definately a very solid first album. Sure, you can pick out the "filter parts" and the "STP parts" but you can't fault guys for writing like they write. It works out pretty darn good in my opinion, a lot better than that mess that Velvet Revolver put out.

Hopefully others enjoy the disc and the next one will be even better. Oh, and there's some cool bass stuff going on too, check it out!

ahhh that explains the differnt drumming, i thought it was the guy from STP on drums, ive heard on esong and liked it, im definatley going to pick it up when it comes out.

EDIT: you dont like Contraband? have you given it a good listen, i know when i first heard it i thought it draged alot and i didnt like it, but then i gave it another go, and its a top album.

• Members

Originally posted by Apendecto

This won't be another Velvet Revolver/Audioslave mess, is it?

Is it heavy like old Filter/STP or like the {censored} end of both bands?

Yo.

I think you'll like it. Usually we like the same things, so that's where I'm basing my judgement.

Plus, it was $6.99 so if it doesn't knock your socks off, you're not out much.

• Moderators

It sounds like STP with Richard Patrick vocals. I know that's simplistic, but I really like it. Let's be honest . . . .Richard Patrick is Filter, so hopefully he will put out another Filter album at some point, too. Overall this Army of Anyone is a very solid effort. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by ThudMaker

It sounds like STP with Richard Patrick vocals. I know that's simplistic, but I really like it. Let's be honest . . . .Richard Patrick is Filter, so hopefully he will put out another Filter album at some point, too. Overall this Army of Anyone is a very solid effort.
:thu:

ive been told that he has another Filter album in production, but this came up, and he has decided to go with this for a while, then do his Filter album.

• Members

To the dudes who like this album: Do you like Audioslave and/or Velvet Revolver?

In both cases I like the originals a ton, but think the combo is crap.

Yo.

I guess your one of those guys then.

I personally think that RATM after their first album sucked complete ass. They went downhill quicker than a parapalegic strapped to an ice block.

Guns and Roses was allright for their first couple as well but I think Velvet revolver was pretty good as too..they didn't sound like anyone in particular and they made good music.

I happen to think Audioslave is pretty damn good and so do millions of people out there so they can't all be wrong.

As far as this particular CD I think doesn't really sound all that much like STP or Filter. It's a nice mix but with his voice it is pretty distinctive. You can hear both bands in this one band but it isn't like a cookie cutter of one or the other. I think I'll buy it.

Dan

• Members

To the dudes who like this album: Do you like Audioslave and/or Velvet Revolver?

In both cases I like the originals a ton, but think the combo is crap.

Yo.

I think velvet revolver is crap. I liked the first Audioslave album and the most recent one is actually pretty good too.

• Members

Just got Army, so far I really like it, probably more than the last couple of STP records. Guitar rock definitely needs the DeLeo brothers involved in it somehow. Robert is his typical butt-kicking self. Wouldn't have figured Richard for this gig, but it works pretty damn well for me. Seems to have the best of both groups, instead of the worst, unlike...

Had high hopes, but absolutely HATED Velvet Revolver. Sounds like they had a couple of rehearsals and hit the studio. Way underwritten/underdeveloped. You've got guys from two bands that write AMAZING hooks, but there's not a single one to be found on that record. Also sounds really dated.

Audioslave is kinda in the middle. I really like a lot of the elements, dig Chris's vocals and many of the riffs and grooves, but it never quite jells for me. Not as good as either previous band.

Archived