Rap

The Aardvark

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by chunkathalon

dalek - of filthy tongues and griots

easily one of my favorite albums. when I make other people listen to it, it's contagious.

The fact that anyone (much less a popular musician) knows what a griot is kind of sets them apart, now doesn't it? :D

I don't imagine that Sundiata is on too many people's reading lists...

As for folks who say all rap, and especially all hip-hop, isn't music, they can go stand off the side with the folks who claim all country is awful (or dismiss any entire genre)...Get out of the way, and let the musicians who are willing to find talent where ever it is get down to business...

• Members
Originally posted by jannda

RAP AND HIPHOP SUCK worse then lug ever thought of. IT SUCKS plane and simple it's bad it's not music PERIOD it's {censored}.

Woah dude....take a chill.

It may not be your favourite genre, but you can at least show respect.

And also: . , ! ? : ; ' " :)

• Members

Originally posted by collinwho

Mainstream rap, not so much into it, but . . .

I'm fortunate to live in Mpls, where there is a very strong "indie/underground" hip-hop scene. I'd recommend checking out just about anyone on Rhymesayers (one of the biggest independent hip-hop labels) for good rap. specifically:

Eyedea and Abilities

P.O.S.

Doomtree (P.O.S. is part of this project, also)

Atmosphere

Heiruspecs (usually plays with a live band)

Granted, I'm more of a indie/alt rock type person, but these are just a few hip-hop/rap acts that I really really respect.

Originally posted by BassMaster General

Good calls!

hells yeah. +1

• Members
Originally posted by King Kashue

The fact that anyone (much less a popular musician) knows what a griot is kind of sets them apart, now doesn't it?
:D

As for folks who say all rap, and especially all hip-hop, isn't music, they can go stand off the side with the folks who claim all country is awful (or dismiss any entire genre)...Get out of the way, and let the musicians who are willing to find talent where ever it is get down to business...

It's awfully good stuff.
:thu:

Sort of hard to understand though, the guy uses pretty esoteric language and has a really thick pronunciation style...

:o

• Members

Originally posted by bassesofalessergod

some dumbass mother{censored}ers up in this thread.

I'd like to think better of this forum's taste, but most rap/hiphop threads go this way...

It's funny though. I would have expected younger people to be more open minded, or at least more likely to enjoy teh raps. Not so, it seems.

• Members
Originally posted by King Kashue

The fact that anyone (much less a popular musician) knows what a griot is kind of sets them apart, now doesn't it?
:D

That's different though. All country *IS* awful

Archived