Saints beat down the Cowboys

Phantasm

• Members

Originally posted by Emprov

Looks like the team's doing better under Garcia than under McNabb. D'ya think that anyone in Philly is ignoring that fact?
:p

I'm sure the recievers appreciate not having the ball thrown at their feet ala Mcnabb, but that guy is a real play maker. I'm just wondering how many more times that guy can get injured. What is this the third time in 5 years?

• Members

Originally posted by ThudMaker

As soon as Grossman stinks it up in the first half tonight and gets replaced, the Bears will be back on their way to being the only true power in the NFC . . . . .although NO continues to impress me.

If Grossman can get it together no one will stop the bears. Lovie Smith actually said that if Grossman struggles tonight he will pull him for the rest of the season and into the playoffs. I think thats just to scare Grossman, but you never know. I just hope the bears can pull it together. Their running game is starting to get stronger now that benson is in the mix now. I guess we'll see what happens tonight

• Members

Drew Brees could break Marino's passing record. I hope he does. I always thought he was so underrated and now he's finally going to get the credit he deserves. I've always loved him. Sean Payton is a great coach. It's hard to believe it's his first year.

• Members

Originally posted by SA Rios

I wish the Bears had an offense:(

Fixed that for you. :p

And a quote from Bill Simmons:

"I had a conversation with someone Sunday night when we wondered if the Vikes would have had a better chance in Chicago had they simply kept kneeling three consecutive times, punting, then relying on Rex to be their offense. We both decided, "yes." This actually happened."

:D

• Moderators
Originally posted by wilki29

If Grossman can get it together no one will stop the bears. Lovie Smith actually said that if Grossman struggles tonight he will pull him for the rest of the season and into the playoffs. I think thats just to scare Grossman, but you never know.

Griese took HALF the snaps in practice this week. That's not a scare tactic.

• Members

Originally posted by MrsSvi

Drew Brees could break Marino's passing record. I hope he does. I always thought he was so underrated and now he's finally going to get the credit he deserves. I've always loved him. Sean Payton is a great coach. It's hard to believe it's his first year.

The thing about Brees that I like the most is that he would give up any chance at the record if they could just win out the season. He has been a godsend to the Saints.

• Members

F+U976CK dallas! that made my week.

Originally posted by B-Bottom

I can see the Chargers going all the way this year. I don't see anyone stopping them.......except maybe the Eagles
;)

im with you on the eagles, i see us beating the giants and atlanta to get the wild card at 9-7 lol. maybe we can suprise the boys' and win out, now that would be a wonderful xmas gift.

i've always been a griese guy (even though i hate michigan), i say put him in their.

and garcia has nothing on mcnabb.. except he'd prob throw the ball away instead of choke and throw an int when the games on the line.

• Members

Griese took HALF the snaps in practice this week. That's not a scare tactic.

Well if smith pulls him, he needs to have some practice. Im not saying he wont play him tonight, but for the rest of the season, I think hes making a statement to grossman. I think if he gets pulled he'll get another shot next game. I doubt Lovie Smith will take him out for the rest of the season.

• Moderators
Originally posted by wilki29

Well if smith pulls him, he needs to have some practice. Im not saying he wont play him tonight, but for the rest of the season, I think hes making a statement to grossman. I think if he gets pulled he'll get another shot next game. I doubt Lovie Smith will take him out for the rest of the season.

It's too late in the season for him to pull him out for a half and bring him in next week. The future is now, not next year. Smith knows that. If Grossman stinks to high heaven and Griese so much as manages the offense effectively, there is no reason for Grossman to see the inside of the hash marks until next year's mini-camp. Lovie is also in the final year of his contract. If he loses in the first round playoff game, Rivera gets his current job, and it costs Lovie leverage for more money from another job. Stubbornly sticking with Rex isn't worth that.

• Members

It's too late in the season for him to pull him out for a half and bring him in next week. The future is now, not next year. Smith knows that. If Grossman stinks to high heaven and Griese so much as manages the offense effectively, there is no reason for Grossman to see the inside of the hash marks until next year's mini-camp. Lovie is also in the final year of his contract. If he loses in the first round playoff game, Rivera gets his current job, and it costs Lovie leverage for more money from another job. Stubbornly sticking with Rex isn't worth that.

Even if the Bears lost their first playoff game they would be absolutely crazy to let Lovie Smith walk to another team.

Grossman is terrible and think about this....

Everyone on that team (coaches included) know that Grossman is struggling, and yet they don't do anything with Griese.

Don't ya think if he was a better option he would have taken a snap by now?

• Moderators
Originally posted by 50calexplorer

Don't ya think if he was a better option he would have taken a snap by now?

Nope. There's not a pundit in Chicago who isn't for benching Grossman. There isn't a talk show on TV that includes ex Bears or ex NFL QB's that is disagreeing with me at this point. I've been on the replace Grossman bandwagon a lot longer than most. I like Lovie and think he's a good coach, but if he is stubborn enough to think that the 10-2 with Grossman was any better than the 10-1 with Orton at this point, there's something wrong with him and I'd be more than happy to have Rivera as the Bear's head coach. He's going to be a head coach somewhere in 2007 anyway. Why not Chicago, if this guy can't get it done?

Archived