Saints beat down the Cowboys

Phantasm

• Members

Originally posted by ThudMaker

Nope. There's not a pundit in Chicago who isn't for benching Grossman. There isn't a talk show on TV that includes ex Bears or ex NFL QB's that is disagreeing with me at this point. I've been on the replace Grossman bandwagon a lot longer than most. I like Lovie and think he's a good coach, but if he is stubborn enough to think that the 10-2 with Grossman was any better than the 10-1 with Orton at this point, there's something wrong with him and I'd be more than happy to have Rivera as the Bear's head coach. He's going to be a head coach somewhere in 2007 anyway. Why not Chicago, if this guy can't get it done?

But that is my point. I'm sure that Lovie Smith and his staff knows whats going on, and if they felt Griese was a better option they would have went to it. Just like when they benched Orton last year.

I'm pulling for the Bears this year, 'cause the Pack sucks, and I've never really hated the Bears, but you haven't had a good Quarterback for decades and good coach for almost as long. Now you have a good coach, but still no decent quarterback.

Don't you think letting Lovie go would be throwing out the baby with the bath water?

• Moderators
Originally posted by 50calexplorer

Don't you think letting Lovie go would be throwing out the baby with the bath water?

They lost a playoff game because he was arrogant enough to play straight up on Steve Smith. Now he's arrogant enough to keep playing a QB who's basically played a few more games than a rookie. If Griese sucks, why bring him in for the amount of money he was paid? His contract happens to have incentives in it, too. Maybe the move or lack thereof is based upon Griese not being able to get some of his bonuses because the McCaskeys are cheap (notoriously).

Regardless, the fact is Grossman was getting 95% of the snaps and the third stringer (Orton) would be running the scout team. Griese wasn't getting any snaps as the second stringer. After defiantly telling the press after last game that Rex Grossman is our quarterback. We're 10-2 with Rex as our quarterback", it's a huge revelation that Griese received 50% of the snaps this week. Griese isn't a crappy QB, either.I'll submit to you that Shanahan is not a great head coach and Griese was undefeated last year until getting hurt. I'll bet that Gruden wishes he hadn't let Griese go.;)

• Members

They lost a playoff game because he was arrogant enough to play straight up on Steve Smith. Now he's arrogant enough to keep playing a QB who's basically played a few more games than a rookie. If Griese sucks, why bring him in for the amount of money he was paid? His contract happens to have incentives in it, too. Maybe the move or lack thereof is based upon Griese not being able to get some of his bonuses because the McCaskeys are cheap (notoriously).

Regardless, the fact is Grossman was getting 95% of the snaps and the third stringer (Orton) would be running the scout team. Griese wasn't getting any snaps as the second stringer. After defiantly telling the press after last game that Rex Grossman is our quarterback. We're 10-2 with Rex as our quarterback", it's a huge revelation that Griese received 50% of the snaps this week. Griese isn't a crappy QB, either.I'll submit to you that Shanahan is not a great head coach and Griese was undefeated last year until getting hurt. I'll bet that Gruden wishes he hadn't let Griese go.
;)

Shanahan is not a great coach? There are lot of teams and fans that would love to have him. I'm one of those people.

What kind of football fans do they have down there in Chicago?

• Moderators
Originally posted by 50calexplorer

Shanahan is not a great coach? There are lot of teams and fans that would love to have him. I'm one of those people.

What kind of football fans do they have down there in Chicago?

Shanahan was a winner because John Elway liked him. Otherwise, he hasn't panned out with other QBs. Not Griese, not Plummer, not Cutler . . . . . . . . . .In otherwords, Shanahan is a good coach, not the great one many make him out to be.

In Chicago, we expect to be in the Superbowl. Going to the playoffs and losing in the first round this year is not an acceptable outcome. We did that last year. This sin't the type of year where the season is a good one because we beat Green Bay.:cool:

Edit: This isn't to say that I don't want Rex to succeed or that I don't want Lovie to succeed, either. IMHO, I just don't believe that anyone with common sense would still have Grossman on the field. I just think he's still a bit of a project.

• Members

Shanahan was a winner because John Elway liked him. Otherwise, he hasn't panned out with other QBs. Not Griese, not Plummer, not Cutler . . . . . . . . . .In otherwords, Shanahan is a good coach, not the great one many make him out to be.

In Chicago, we expect to be in the Superbowl. Going to the playoffs and losing in the first round this year is not an acceptable outcome. We did that last year. This sin't the type of year where the season is a good one because we beat Green Bay.
:cool:

Edit: This isn't to say that I don't want Rex to succeed or that I don't want Lovie to succeed, either. IMHO, I just don't believe that anyone with common sense would still have Grossman on the field. I just think he's still a bit of a project.

This is my point though.

Chicago has never had a good quaterback and it has been ages since you had a coach worth a damn, and you are ready to ditch a coach that has rescued you from the bottom of the division and you are ready to crucify him because you still don't have a quarterback.

That just doesn't make sense to me.

The last time you ran a winning coach out of Chicago was also the last time you were a perennial power in the NFC.

Just food for thought.

• Members
Originally posted by MrsSvi

I feel bad for Rex.

Poor Rex.
:cry:

A guy who was treated like a king in high school and college, got $5 million just for signing his contract (meaning he never has to work another day in his life if he's smart), and makes half a million dollars a year playing a game?

Yeah, I just don't feel bad for him...

• Moderators
Originally posted by MrsSvi

I feel bad for Rex.

Poor Rex.
:cry:

If you have employees at your company, who perform as badly as Rex does, they get relocated or fired, don't they? We have a bet in our office as to which quarter Grossman will be pulled in tonight. :D

originally posted by 50calexplorer

That year was a fluke.

Even blind dogs find bones on occasion.

Nonsense. They won the same way they did last year and this year. . . .with opportunistic scoring defense. Mike Brown had at 2 game winning interceptions returned for touchdowns to win games that year. How did they win last week? How did they win in Arizona? Here's a hint. It wasn't because of the offense. Chicago would have beaten Philadelphia that year had hugh douglas not driven Jim Miller into the ground.

We didn't let Ditka out of town, either. He had severe difficulties with the mccaskeys, was too loyal to old players and believed too much of his own press by the time he was done. He was so great that he turned that New Orleans franchise around. Too bad we let him go.

FWIW, Jauron wasn't much of a coach because he was too loyal to John Schupp, who couldn't be an Offensive Coordinator on a sucessful JFL team.

We'll see in a few hours. Trut :thu:

Archived