Opinions on Roland Cube 100

Shuma Gorath

• Members

Hey all,

I finally sold all my guitar stuff and now have $400 to buy a little rig for jamming with some people. Right now it's just 2 guitarists but a drummer we all know will probably come over when he hears I'm up there.

I'm not looking for any gig worthy type amp (well maybe small gigs) but just something that can keep up with 2 guitarists and a drummer with reasonable headroom for practice. The practice sessions will be at low to moderate volume levels.

The Cube 100 look rather interesting and I hear very good things about Roland's reliability and toughness. I have played their guitar cubes and was rather impressed but have never tried one of the bass cubes. At first I was put off by the 100W power rating but after having done some reading I hear they're pretty loud and can do a small gig easily.

All the FX and amp models looks pretty fun to play around with too. While I'm at it has anyone compared these to the Line 6 Lowdown bass series. It's another line of modeling combo amps that are very similiar.

So do you think this is a good decision for a $400 practice amp?

• Members

I cant comment on the 100 But my son Has a cube 15 and it is a bad ass little amp!
:thu:

My roommate had one and I thought it was one pretty damn cool little amp for $100. I loved the bass tone I got out of it even though it was a guitar amp. I should have bought one of those instead of a Peavey Classic 30 but I fell into the tube hype. I must be tone deaf but SS stuff as long as it's high quality sounds fine to me. Some of the SS tube emulating amps (like the peavey amp with Trans Tube technology you just bought) sound pretty damn warm to me.

• Members

My roommate had one and I thought it was one pretty damn cool little amp for $100. I loved the bass tone I got out of it even though it was a guitar amp. I should have bought one of those instead of a Peavey Classic 30 but I fell into the tube hype. I must be tone deaf but SS stuff as long as it's high quality sounds fine to me. Some of the SS tube emulating amps (like the peavey amp with Trans Tube technology you just bought) sound pretty damn warm to me.

you have to be really careful using guitar amps playing Bass through them not to crank the knobs all the way around because I have turned a couple of speakers into confetti on a few occasions:D

I really like my little amp it is not super loud or anything but it does have a rich and robust tone

and is perfect for what I am using it for;)

• Members

Thanks T. Alan and Dparr. I think I am going to get it. I just have to wait till the guy receives my amp so I know everything's cool. I never spend the money till I know the buyer's happy.

I'm actually kind of excited. If it's anywhere near as good as the guitar cubes I know I'll be happy.

• Members

Bassman1956 an' I tested the new Roland Cube 1x12, and it was REAL impressive. I highly recommend it for a quality flexable practice amp at a reasonable price.

Yeup! And that was the 3rd or 4th time one of them had impressed me.

Plus, I use my Cube Bass 30 all the time, love it!

• Members

Bassman1956 an' I tested the new Roland Cube 1x12, and it was REAL impressive. I highly recommend it for a quality flexable practice amp at a reasonable price.

They look like really nice amps, obviously I just play through my NFMs when I'm on my own but if I needed a small combo for small gig/rehearsals those would be at the top of my list

• Members

Well, I ordered this last night expecting it to go out today. I checked MF a minute ago and they say it hasn't been picked yet. It said they were in stock when I placed the order now it says the average delivery time is 30 days.

30 DAYS!!!!!! :mad:

I'm having brain surgery in 2 weeks and am going to be out of commission for a while. Half the reason I'm buying this amp is to have something to use as physical rehab for the temporary motor skill deficiencies they say I'm probably going to have.

MF has always treated me right before but this is bull{censored}!!!!

• Members

Well, I ordered this last night expecting it to go out today. I checked MF a minute ago and they say it hasn't been picked yet. It said they were in stock when I placed the order now it says the average delivery time is 30 days.

30 DAYS!!!!!!
:mad:

I'm having brain surgery in 2 weeks and am going to be out of commission for a while. Half the reason I'm buying this amp is to have something to use as physical rehab for the temporary motor skill deficiencies they say I'm probably going to have.

They have some here:http://www.zzounds.com/item--ROLCB100

They show 2 in B-stock! You might get a good deal?

• Members

30 DAYS!!!!!!
:mad:

that dont sound right

every time I order from MF my order is here at my door in 4 days and I live in North West Georgia

If it is a backorder item it will take 30 days

but if it shows in stock you will probably get a tracking number via e mail tomorrow.

• Members

that dont sound right

every time I order from MF my order is here at my door in 4 days and I live in North West Georgia

If it is a backorder item it will take 30 days

but if it shows in stock you will probably get a tracking number via e mail tomorrow.

I hope I get a tracking # tomorrow but I'm not going to hold my breath.

• Members

Thanks for the positive vibes guys. Oh, and I was wrong. MF was just a little late getting the tracking info up. It's scheduled to be here Monday but that doesn't mean it will. Because I live in the country sometimes they'll delay the delivery for 2-3 days because they don't want to drive all the way out here for just one package.

I'm still excited though. :)

• Members

Thanks for the positive vibes guys. Oh, and I was wrong. MF was just a little late getting the tracking info up. It's scheduled to be here Monday but that doesn't mean it will. Because I live in the country sometimes they'll delay the delivery for 2-3 days because they don't want to drive all the way out here for just one package.

I'm still excited though.
:)

Addaboy

MF is pretty good at getting their packages out

let us know how you like it once it gets there

BTW Prayers going up for you for a speedy recovery concerning your surgery:thu:

Archived