Peyton Manning > Tom Brady

Thunderbroom

• Members

Hey Marlon McCree,

THAT'S what you do when you intercept Tom Brady to seal the win. JUST GO DOWN!!!
:mad:

(still bitter)
:D

that was a good head's-up move.

the Colts are a real smart football team. it's highly unlikely they'll beat themselves. the Bears are gonna have to play a perfect game

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
a question about the Bears-Saints game -

what's the feeling on Reggie Bush's hotdogging?

me - i think it was pretty stupid considering his team was still down in the game. it only served to fire up the bears.

Urlacher noticed it . . . . .although he was very facetious about it in the post game. Chris Harris basically said it was a big mistake because the other Bears defenders weren't going to let Bush get away with doing that to Urlacher. So it did have some emotional impact.

• Members

And the bandwagon is full!!!! :D

I'll give manning his due. he finally stepped up and out the whole team on his back, like a hall of fame QB is supposed to do. Honestly, it was only a matter of time before he did it. He still hasn't won a bowl yet. I remember everyone saying that Elway wasn't a lock for the hall of fame because he hadn't won the big one......then he won 2 in a row and retired. Of course not winning a superbowl didn't keep Marino or Tarkenton (among others) out of the hall, so that's definitely not a prerequisite.

Still, as well as he and the Colts played yesterday, they're gonna hafta play even better to beat the Bears. In case no one noticed, they blew out a pretty damn good New Orleans team earlier in the day. It should be a good game, and I'm curious to see what the line is.

It ain't over til it's over guys. Don't be giving Manning the Lombardi trophy and Superbowl MVP honors quite yet. They still have one more game to go and it's not going to be an easy one....at all.

And what's with all the Brady hating? The guy is a great QB. Seems like a pretty decent guy off the field too. Is it just people tired of having him kick their teams ass? ;)

• Moderators
And what's with all the Brady hating? The guy is a great QB. Seems like a pretty decent guy off the field too. Is it just people tired of having him kick their teams ass?
;)

Must be, Juggy. I still think Brady is the best in the game right now. Provided with less talent this year, I'd say his performance was outstanding. Until Manning gets a credit card commercial with his offensive linemen, Tom Brady > Manning.

• Members

Still, as well as he and the Colts played yesterday, they're gonna hafta play even better to beat the Bears. In case no one noticed, they blew out a pretty damn good New Orleans team earlier in the day. It should be a good game, and I'm curious to see what the line is.

I think the line is the Colts by 7 at this point. And as far as the Bears are concerned, I think that the NFC is much weaker than the AFC. Haven't checked yet but I'd be surprised if the Bears played more than 2 or 3 teams in the regular season that are above .500.

• Members

I think the line is the Colts by 7 at this point. And as far as the Bears are concerned, I think that the NFC is much weaker than the AFC. Haven't checked yet but I'd be surprised if the Bears played more than 2 or 3 teams in the regular season that are above .500.

Before the playoffs, they played two teams above .500 (and were 1-1), and one of those teams, the Seahawks, gave up more points than they scored (which is almost unheard of with winning teams)...

As for AFC-NFC, only one NFC team had a winning record against the AFC (Dallas) while ten AFC teams had winning records against the NFC...

• Members

So, does anyone want to take the Colts and give me the 7 points?
:confused::wave:

7's a lot of points in a Super Bowl and I wouldn't be surprised if the line wound up coming down to 3 or 4. I've seen two Bears games this year -- the Monday night game against the Cards and yesterday so I don't know that much about them. I can see them getting blown out, I can see them losing in a close game and I can see a Manning meltdown. At this point, I ain't touching this thing.

• Members

if I was less tired I'd try and dig up the old thread from early in the season where KK said he wouldn't respect the Bears until they were on their way to Miami, and his "I t+old USO" post, and think of something clever to say. But instead I'm going to take a nap.

:bor:;):D:)

• Members

if I was less tired I'd try and dig up the old thread from early in the season where KK said he wouldn't respect the Bears until they were on their way to Miami, and his "I t+old USO" post, and think of something clever to say. But instead I'm going to take a nap.

:bor:;):D

Your memory is faulty...I wonder if it's old age or pot-riddled brain matter :D

YOU were the one who said that, not me...My exact words in that thread were "the Bears could sleepwalk and go 11-5 this year. If they go 13-3 that will be significant." In fact, when you "summarized" my posts as you did above my response was "But whatever, your summary is good too...not at all what I actually said, but still good :D"

And it's still not at all what I said ;)

My claim about Grossman not being able to beat good teams in the playoffs has been sort of wrong (my I told you so was after his 1.3 rating game :D). Grossman hasn't lost it for his team (which is what's important) but he hasn't won it either...The Bears first TD yesterday came on a drive where they didn't even call a pass :p

What I definitely was wrong about was whether the Bears could win with Grossman under center. I didn't think the coaches could take him out of the game enough to protect the team and still win. That's exactly what they did yesterday...

I wasn't alone in my assessment on Grossman though, why, just lookie what you wrote :D

"Not even the Rams could make Rex look good" and "as for rex...He didn't seem to be a factor tonight. That's good I guess." (from a thread you titled "Will Hex Grossman pull it off tonight") :p

• Members

7's a lot of points in a Super Bowl and I wouldn't be surprised if the line wound up coming down to 3 or 4. I've seen two Bears games this year -- the Monday night game against the Cards and yesterday so I don't know that much about them. I can see them getting blown out, I can see them losing in a close game and I can see a Manning meltdown. At this point, I ain't touching this thing.

Yeah, I wonder how much of that 7 points is the AFC-NFC factor, and how much is due to the two teams playing.

I think the whole "Colts are from a better conference" thing is overblown. And I like the way the Bears match up against them.

• Members

Yes, KK, that's true. The announcers were also talking about how hot it was in there, which also might've been a factor. Seemed like a lot of people got hurt to one degree or another.

Funny that it was like an oven in the dome but it was 35 degrees outside. Coincidence?

• Members

Before the playoffs, they played two teams above .500 (and were 1-1), and one of those teams, the Seahawks, gave up more points than they scored (which is almost unheard of with winning teams)...

As for AFC-NFC, only one NFC team had a winning record against the AFC (Dallas) while
ten
AFC teams had winning records against the NFC...

The AFC is definitely better overall. However, that doesn't mean the Colts are necessarily better than the Bears or vice-versa. I think the individual team matchups make a big difference as well. And you can't blame a team for having a weak schedule and winning. Hell, the Bears tied for 2nd in most points scored in the NFL this year ....tied with the Colts.

there are way too many intangibles to say "well these guys had a tougher schedule". How does the Bears defense match up with the colts offense? Same the other way. Who has the best special teams? The Colts probably have the best clutch kicker in the history of the game and the Bears have the best return guy in the NFL.

Lots of things to be considered.

I'm picking the Bears by 3.

• Members

What I definitely was wrong about was whether the Bears could win with Grossman under center. I didn't think the coaches could take him out of the game enough to protect the team and still win. That's exactly what they did yesterday...

They aren't taking him out of the equation. Last week, if not for Grossman, they'd have lost. No question. This week, in the snow, they passed a lot less. No suprise there. He didn't have a good first half, but he came through in the 2nd half.

At any rate....my flight is booked, the Bears are going to Miami and so am I!! :wave:

• Moderators
The AFC is definitely better overall. However, that doesn't mean the Colts are necessarily better than the Bears or vice-versa. I think the individual team matchups make a big difference as well. And you can't blame a team for having a weak schedule and winning. Hell, the Bears tied for 2nd in most points scored in the NFL this year ....tied with the Colts.

there are way too many intangibles to say "well these guys had a tougher schedule". How does the Bears defense match up with the colts offense? Same the other way. Who has the best special teams? The Colts probably have the best clutch kicker in the history of the game and the Bears have the best return guy in the NFL.

Lots of things to be considered.

I'm picking the Bears by 3.

Well said. It must not be in this thread, but somewhere around here . . . .Including the playoffs, the Bears score about 1 more point per game than the colts 27.4 to 26.5 (yesterday was 39-38) and the Bears defense (including playoffs) is giving up about 5 points less per game, too.

• Members

At any rate....my flight is booked, the Bears are going to Miami and so am I!!
:wave:

No kidding, nice! I've been to a couple superbowls, and they are HUGE events. Really a cool thing to see, but being at a superbowl with the Bears would just effin' RULE!:thu:

• Members

No kidding, nice! I've been to a couple superbowls, and they are HUGE events. Really a cool thing to see, but being at a superbowl with the Bears would just effin' RULE!
:thu:

I scored two seats ON the 50 yard line 18 rows off the field!!! I just need to decide what organ to sell to pay for it. I'm thinking a kidney. No one would pay anything for my liver. :cry:

• Members

I scored two seats ON the 50 yard line 18 rows off the field!!! I just need to decide what organ to sell to pay for it. I'm thinking a kidney. No one would pay anything for my liver.
:cry:

Might have to sell two kidneys! Still worth it.;)

• Members

I scored two seats ON the 50 yard line 18 rows off the field!!! I just need to decide what organ to sell to pay for it. I'm thinking a kidney. No one would pay anything for my liver.
:cry:

Damn!!! You are going to have one hell of a good time. Especially when they win!:D

• Members

Might have to sell
two
kidneys! Still worth it.
;)

I'm getting a pretty good deal for them, but face close to $1000 I think....so that alone is pretty harsh. I'm paying nearly double that. :freak: Seems crazy, but check stub hub for the going rate and it's not that bad.

• Moderators

I'm getting a pretty good deal for them, but face close to $1000 I think....so that alone is pretty harsh. I'm paying nearly double that.
:freak:
Seems crazy, but check stub hub for the going rate and it's not
that
bad.

Hopefully they win for you, catphish. My wife and I made the mistake of traveling to NO for the Sugar Bowl in 2001 with the Illini vs LSU (LSU crushed Illinois). Lots of cash/time down the drain on that one and the seats were in an LSU section. Oh well, paid back some NO saints fans sitting close by yesterday. :thu:

Enjoy the game and Miami.

Archived